Sunday, December 13, 2015

DECEMBER 6, 2015 - 2ND LETTER OF 2

Wow two letters in one week so exciting! Thank you to Elders Nilsson and Cusworth!  Also thank you to the Phillips, the Graces and Grandma and Grandpa for the package.  The package smelled like the Graces laundry detergent and I felt like I was home for a moment 😆

Also I sent out my Christmas package last Monday so don't open it yet till I give further instructions.  

Wednesday:  I had I very interesting experience on my bike. We just had lunch with the elders and a member down town and we were riding back to go meet out new convert, Tomoko!  The road we had to take has a section of no side walk on one side and it takes too much time to cross to the other side. We come to an intersection where for the crosswalk it's green but for people who are turning, their right it is also green.  We didn't go through the cross walk bit and just kept riding straight, shaving of minutes wherever we can. Well, as we cross this one car was turning.  I could have sworn she saw us but I guess she didn't.  My companion was biking in front of me and so we both saw that we had to pick up speed or we (mainly me) would have been crunched or other wise cannon balled across the road.  For a split second I thought the car was going to hit Sister Edwards and it barely missed her.  There was a short sigh of relief until I realized that, because I was right behind her, I was toast.  I'm not sure what happened but the car didn't touch me.  As we kept going my heart was going warp speed and I couldn’t  even comprehend what had really just happened.  I reviewed the incident in my head afterwards and  I can now remember the feeling of not being able to really see why I hadn't been hit.  I was right I front of the car and I should have been hit.  With physics and how fast this woman was driving, there was no question, this may sound crazy but I feel like there was an actual  shield or wall that separated me from the car. There was something in between me and the bumper and it's like I couldn't see the car because something was blocking or blurring my vision like a shield or someone or force, I swear that there was an angel protecting me, and or pushing me farther forward to move me out of the way (because really with my short legs and lack of leg power).  Edwards Shimai said it was Satan trying to kill me because we got Tomoko baptized. But seriously I must have really pissed him off if he kept trying to kill me. It's kind of a scary thought that he comes after us with all that he has, mind games and cars!  But what settles this terrific thought is the fact that I am protected, I carry with me the Holy Ghost and it is a gift that has been given to me to teach, testify, comfort and protection.  God needs me and that is a very cool and fantastic thought. I right now I am just a simple second transfer but he needs me.  And what is even better is that he needs you.  He is real.  He lives.  He has a body of flesh and bone.  He is almighty and glorious and he gave to all of us his son, who also lives, has a body and he is called wonderful!!! Thank you GOD!!! 


We had ZTM and interviews with the mission president.  That was fun!  But really our zone is actually quite small and I get to know everybody pretty well. We learned some great things and we have received a new challenge from the Welch Kaicho.  By the end of the month we are to read all four gospels and if we can 3 Nephi. We are to be looking for evidence of the doctrine of Christ.  I've started and I already can see that I want to teach more like Christ did. There is so much that I didn't realize is in here!  Like what?! 

One that really struck me, mainly because of its simplicity is this parable he told.

 It is Matthew 13:45-46 

Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls: Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it.

 I thought of this scripture as the merchant man is Christ, and we are the pearl of great price. We are worth so much to him even so that he would lay down his life for us, he would pay the price of our sins. We are worth more to him then we will ever know. 


Also this last week for Zone training meeting we read John 4. Read it. It's so good, also because Jesus is the best! Seriously! 

Also how is Regan smith? And can you see what Ryan Gibbs email is? 


Okay I love y'all !!!!!!! ☄☄🐢🐢☄☄












1 comment:

  1. Awesome letter. Glad you have been protected. Great Pics!!

    ReplyDelete