Friday, November 11, 2016

NOVEMBER 6, 2016 - WHEN LESS ACTIVES ARE ACTUALLY GORILLAS AND RECENT CONVERTS ARE BOSSES AT KEEPING THEIR COVENANTS

Say whaaaat?

Yes, so this week was very interesting! Monday was my comps birthday and we had fun doing nothing :) Really it was nice to relax and do nothing for once.  Tuesday was also pretty good but it rained and it was so flippin' cold....I was soaked and I was lucky I didn't get a cold, woah! Miracle!  


Wednesday was awesome!  We taught so many lessons and finally met with this investigator who is actually Japanese! And actually has interest!!  Her name is Irizawa San and she is this cute old lady and when I first met her she hugged me first!  What? (As a note, this NEVER happens because Japanese are so awkward when they hug).   And she was so genki! We taught the rest of the Restoration and focused on the Book of Mormon.  She, by the end, asked if she could have it to read!  Wow, that was awesome!  And the spirit was so strong.  She told us that she has grown up her whole life in a Buddhist temple but never once actually believed in any of it.  It felt empty.  She said that when she is with us she feels closer to God then she ever has in her whole life!  

We gave a soft baptismal invite, "If you come to find that this book is true, would you be baptized?" She said sure but she is worried about how her family might react so please keep her in your prayers so that nothing will prevent her from accepting the gospel!!! Ahhh! An amazing miracle to add to the week!  And when she left she told us that she loved us, which in English doesn't sound like a big deal but in Japanese there are levels of 'I love/like you," and she gave us one of the more meaningful I love yous! πŸ’œ

Thursday we got up before the crack of dawn to catch our 6:12 a.m. bus to make it to Okayama for a kokon (companion exchange). Woah! We did some service for a member and her mom and man.....it was gross.  It was really gross.  It hadn't been cleaned in what looked like years and they have three cats....it was gross.  But the members are the sweetest and it felt good to help them out. 


Later we taught English class and I talked to this guy who had no emotion but as a part of the advanced class we just talk in English.  It was...,awkward. Haha πŸ˜‡ ohhhh I almost forgot I saw a member from one of my old areas, Ta chan!!  Ahhh!  I wanted to hug him so bad!  He is our flower child/recent convert!  Gosh I love him so much!  We both just freaked out when we saw each other!

Friday was ZTM, and we learned about our Christmas campaign for the next transfers. Exciting!  We then took our bus which there are only two buses to our area so we had to wait for a few hours before hand and didn't get home till like 8:30.  I know exciting right.  But we were out of our area for two days which made Saturday super busy!


Okay so we woke up expecting to go and do service for a member but because of circumstances it ended up getting canceled.  He called us on the phone and told us that he feels so stressed and that he might not come to church on Sunday. ☹️ So we continued study and then Franco called us and invited us to his party for a friends birthday at his house and we asked if we could bring this brother with us and he said yes, of course :) So we brought him along (and note this was a great opportunity to teach his friends) and it really helped and uplifted Brother Kameya :)  


When we walked in though my companion and I immediately locked our eyes on the several bottles of sake (alcohol) in my mind I was shouting (πŸ˜–πŸ˜«πŸ˜©πŸ˜°πŸ˜¨πŸ˜±πŸ˜±πŸ˜±πŸ˜±πŸ˜±NOOOOOOOOOOO) HE HAS ONLY BEEN BAPTIZED BUT NOT CONFIRMED YET NOOOO! Yeah, so that was nerve racking until Franco's boss, already a little tipsy was like, "Here I'm your boss, just have one..." And Franco smiled politely and kindly declined.  His boss with a more than confused face asked, "What? Why? It's special!" Franco stood his ground and said, I will never drink again.  In that moment I felt like a proud parent seeing their child stand up to the bully on the playground! Ahhhh so happy!! I was giddy with excitement!  We talked later and he says I love God so much! I want to learn more about God.  He is solid!  So happy!  

Later we went and visited Sonia and she is progressing in the gospel :) she is already
planning on meeting with us through Christmas and is planning our next visit instead of us doing so! :) So many miracles!

 
By far my favorite part of Saturday was when we visited Omae Kyodai.  It was around 7:30 at night and his house is behind his tire shop.  He comes down and lets us in and we sit on the floor near the front door.  This is how it is in Japan, always on the floor. Sometimes I try to imagine American missionaries if they sat on the floor with us in our house and how awkward they would feel.  I'm gonna make then do it when I get home.  Anyway, were siting on the floor in front of a space heater just talking and Blu got a phone call so she answered it while I talked to brother Omae.  I asked him how his day was. "It was busy, busy busy!" He continued to repeat and it rumbled into a roar and he began to pound his chest like a crazed gorilla!  When he stopped he just kinda gave me this look of...yes I know I'm insane what are you going to do about it? We both ended up bursting into laughter and when Blu got off the phone she was so confused.  We had a great lesson as well.


Sunday we had lots of blessings! Franco got the Holy Ghost and Brother Anderson blessed his new baby girl Ririka.  So cute.  That's a thing in Japan. Whenever there is a baby it eventually makes its way being passed all around the room.  At the beginning of the meeting she is with her parents and then next she's in the front in the Stake Councilors hands :) Yup.  I also taught Ko Kun how to dance, he is like 9 and such a cutie, he loves church and is our best fellowshipper!

On another note, my companion goes home soon and I'm having stress dreams about packing...sigh.

Guys I don't think you realized how many miracles happened!  It's amazing!

I love you all!!!!!!!!!!

Love,
Sister Madeline Oswald πŸ’ŽπŸ’ŽπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’ŽπŸ’Ž⚔⚔⚔🌊🌊🏯🦁

No comments:

Post a Comment