Saturday, April 16, 2016

APRIL 3, 2016 - MY NAME IS BOND, JAMES BOND

Hey y'all! Sorry it has been so long since I have written, my life has been upside down and I'm not even sure what has happened... I'm so sorry future self because I won't have these last few weeks documented.

Let's see....I live close to the beach now! I love it because I have so many sea shells now :) since coming to Marugame and I have developed a love more like obsession with flowers. There is a flower shop down the street and they are way cheep so the sister's apartment has at least 20 some odd number of pots of flowers....it's wonderful because flowers are so pretty! Also recently the Sakura have bloomed!! Wow! they are just gorgeous!! I have decided that the Sakura bloom because they know that Jesus Christ lives and they are showing their thanks and praise to him!

So on Easter Sunday we sang in church with our investigator. We sang I know that my redeemer lives in Japanese and English. The last verse was iwasaki San and me as a duet and it was sooo pretty. She was an opera singer when she was younger and her voice is so beautiful!!  She likes me a lot because I can do sarcasm with her :) I love her so much!!

Last week on Wednesday we took another adventure to the hospital! yAy!  Lucky it was not me this time :) Giron Shimai had an asthma attack. We had made our way over to the hospital around 9:30 at night and we were there till like 1 am. The elders came to see if we were okay and then they went home cause it was late. I was the communication between us
and Sister Welch, she said over the phone the next day that she wasglad that I was the sound mind in the chaos.   haha strange complement, but the fact that I've called president's wife that often for emergencies and such is kinda sad.  Everything turned out okay and but
me and the other two Sister Gibsons were up till like 2:30.

The next day because Giron wasn't allowed to bike we did splits and Iand the other sister Gibson went to go visit their investigator Yura. She is seriously the cutest thing in the world. She loves America! Like loves old classic movies and American 60s music. She taught her
self English by watching old movies. She is way good at English!  When we meet with her we help with her English and such. She will be going to Wyoming for school and so Gibson Shimai for the last few transfers has been helping her and slowly teaching her about the gospel. When I went with her last, we had been talking about how she wants to get married in the temple!  We talked about what the requirements are to be married there. She'll be staying with Gibson shimai's family in Utah and over the course of her knowing the missionaries she has come more and closer to the gospel there is no doubt in my mind that she will be baptized! She is so cute!!! We taught her how to hold hands it was way
cute. Sister Gibson and I demonstrated.

Our English class is huge and so we have lots of students who can speak a fair amount of English. This last time I brought my ukulele andstarted playing my jams (mash ups of hymns and such) and we taught actual lessons, which was awesome!!! Ukulele dendo! This one
student, literally out of no where whipped his guitar out and started playing. It was way cool. I love the people at eikaiwa because they are all very kind and can somewhat already speak English which is way cool.

Have you ever ridden a mama chari? Do you even know what it is? Let me tell you it's a bike that is not a mountain bike and it takes your whole flipping body to bike the thing. My knees have been destroyed from it. So I finally took in my bike to get the rim replaced...I've
been riding on it with a curved wheel (yes I know it's dangerous but walking was also tearing apart my knee) and in addition had to unclip the front brakes so that the wheel would move so it was pretty abunai (dangerous especially when certain Spanish missionaries cut in front of you because they are insane bike riders! ) anyway the store gave me a rental till mine was fixed.


We were biking to the train station one morning and it was raining and this rental bike has the worst brakes in the rain and so I was in the back, being me in my big blue jump suit called a capa (it's a pan cho). The sisters before me had stopped for the light and I was braking and Satan was like let's take out sister Oswald! So my tire spun and I slid, my side plummeting to the earth! But Jesus was like I got this and I slid like I was in a movie, coming from out underneath a truck or something and I was quickly up and standing like a boss. Not today Satan!

In other news we had interviews with our mission president. It was good. I love president and sister Welch. So flippin much! The are no substitute for my own parents but there are very much like my mom and dad. I love when they hug me because even though my parents can't they do it for them. Also we did service for a sister in our ward where we
cleaned out her house....I felt like we were on certain TLC TV show for cleaning out messy houses....it was fun and kinda scary.

As always in the apartment we jam out and are having to much fun! We teach when we can and meet the craziest people! I love all of you and I can't wait to give you big hugs!

Tuck-n-Roll

No comments:

Post a Comment