Sunday, April 10, 2016

MARCH 20 - ALOHA!

I now live on an island called Shikoku, my area is Marugame. Right now we have four sisters and two elders who are the Zone/district leaders.  My companion and I are "opening " this area so we have no area book or investigators yet....well we did meet this crazy guy that wouldn't stop calling us but....we got over that.

This is who I live with:   First there is Kate Gibson, my wonderful companion! She is so sweet and kind and I love her to pieces!!  She always makes funny faces and loves dinosaurs!!  She is so pretty and loves to smile! She is on n her 6th transfer, my senpai, and she and I together are opening this new area for a second pair of sisters, in Marugame. It's a struggle with out bikes right now but it's all good we get to talk to more people that way!

Next is Giron Shimai, she is from Spain. She is crazy and I love her!  She is very European, though..she is crazy good at English and Japanese and she learned them both in the MTC her two months there.O.o  She is a third transfer and we've already had some funny times with her.

Then there is Alec Gibson, the second Gibson! she is way cool! She's the oldest missionary out of all of us but she is so amazing! She is the glue to our quartet!  She is too funny and gives amazing hugs!

The four of us are having way to much fun together! The nights are crazy because we talk and do weird things, talk about dreams and just laugh!

We met this really Genki old woman the other day together! We were walking back to the apartment from district meeting and then we pass this house where this old woman was looking out her window and she saw us and started to wave at us, so we waved back. We walked farther past her house and then were like, let's go back and sing her a song or
something. When we turned around she was already there!! We talked with her for a moment and she hugged us first and it was insane!  She kept poking at our chests saying something about our hearts and such but I have no idea...because obachan Ben or old lady speech is really, really, really hard to understand and almost impossible to understand.  She would hit us on the shoulder and say something then laugh and so we laughed with her. She was way cute!!  Then we visited her again later on in the week and she was saying something about us being cute and next thing I know my face has been slapped and I have two old lady hands cuddling my face!  It was quite surprising and and also terrifying.  I wish I had this on video because it was this old woman straight out of a movie or something.

So we live right next door to a castle and it is called Marugame Jo and there is a park all around it and so we go running and finding over there all the time.  So far most of our new investigators have come from meeting them at the castle.  The castle here is set up on a hill and it is so amazing to look and see all the lights of Marugame at night. The castle is also covered with cherry blossom trees and they are about to bloom soon so the whole castle will be magical!!

We have a Kids eikaiwa and it is so much fun because I love children.

Our Dendo shunin, ward mission leader, is brother Ellis Kyodai. He is an American so DCS is nice because I get to get advice and I understand what the heck he is saying.  The ward is also so kind!  There are CHILDREN!!!! And they love the missionaries!! So I have aquired 6 new small friends!

So there is a family in the ward, Borianna and Keita, who went to BYU Hawaii.  As soon as they found out that I also went there we talked for forever about the people we both knew and our love for Hawaii!  They have three boys and they are half Japanese and half Bulgarian and they are adorable.  We are going to the beach with them today.

It has become apparent to me that every single thing in this world is related to Christ and his Atonement. Everything!  Now that seems pretty deep, pretty heavy in and in Japanese, pretty atsui (hot). Let me share an experience I had a few days ago. Gibby and I went and ran up to the top of the castle one night for our dinner hour.  Getting to the top of the castle required extreme amount of effort because the ground was wet and the slope steep. When we got to the top my lungs hurt but when you looked over the edge you could see all the thousands of lights that were beneath us. 

The castle has a big white light shining on it making it a beacon for the city.  Where ever we are, if I can see the castle then I can always find my way home.  My companion and I stood at the top.  I told her, that every light is like our own light or the small light that we are able to see around us.  It's hard to see the lights of those around us unless we look from a higher plane.  That higher plane is where we were on the castle or us as missionaries. As missionaries we see and look at others in a different light, we can see their light their potential, and see what they could achieve.  We look at them through heavens eyes. The castle is like Jesus Christ.  On the ground in your small street light you can't see much else but if you look towards Christ then you can make it back to him no matter how dark or unknown the path may be as long as he is in your sights. Once we have returned to him we are able to see the thousands of lights and paths and will be able to understand the light of others around us.


So my vocal explaination is ten times better but this will have to do!
I love you all!!!!!

Yours truly,

Oswald Shimai








No comments:

Post a Comment