Monday, May 2, 2016

APRIL 24, 2016 - ALPHA THE LAST PICTURE IS THE BEST!

This week...man...I don't even know...it was...something.  Let's begin shall we..   Monday was so much fun we went to an island that has been turned into a giant art project.  They covered it with ogres and weird things all over and there was a cave we could go walk through that also had ogre statues in them. It was lots of fun and we went as a zone:) then later that night we took the train down to Kennonji to meet up with the Takashima family! I love them so much!  This week we had transfer calls and it was more than likely Alec Gibson Shimai's last time to meet them.  It was filled with lots of tears and hugs! I love this family so much!

The next morning we went on a companion exchange with the Nihama sisters.  It was lots of fun!  I got to hang out with Zhou Shimai!   It was all fine and dandy until I received a phone call.  It was from my arch nemesis, the Peacock, also known as Takahashi Chōrō.   He was my district leader in Toyooka.  He is this pretty boy, who thinks his Japanese is perfect and I could go on because that's not really is important here.  What is important that he called me, him being the Zone leader of Asuka.  Ozuwarudo Shimai wa tenkin shimasu! (That means I'm transferring.) What?! Really??!  I was not happy...I just got to Marugame and now I have to leave again?  Also I just found this AMAZING person to teach!  WHAT. 

The shock didn't hit till I was on the train ride home stewing over it.  That night and the next day I packed.  Wednesday we visited with Jeff one last time and made pancakes at the church. A few other members came, but I was talking to Jeff and he has finished the Book of Mormon and restarted it!  He is also is reading every major book in the Gospel Library App....but he thought the magazines in the app cost money so he hadn't started those yet...I love this kid.  He has cherished everything we have given him.  He was really sad that I was leaving but we keep in touch so that's okay :) later we visited Iwasaki Shimai, this cute old lady who is a recent convert. She's so cute!  And lastly we went to Yura's house for dinner.  She is the absolute sweetest!  She asked me to be her friend forever and I could never say no!  She is filled with the light of Christ and so willing to partake in the gospel.  She gave me a big hug when we said good-bye and she asked through tears to not forget her and if we could hang out in America!  It was really hard to say goodbye.  Also I have
discovered a new level of stress where my hips hurt like no freaking other.

We woke up at like 5 in the morning so I could get on the bus.  It was three hour bus ride to Sannomiya station in Kobe.  I got off the bus and went to go find my new comp in the station.  Took me a while but I found her and that's when it hit me that I left my carry on suit case on the bus...are you kidding me?  So after some talking with some peoples about things, I found out that I had to pick it up in another part of Osaka.  Oh yeah, I guess knowing where my new area would be helpful, I am now in Higashi Osaka.  My companion is this cute, half Mexican, 3 transfer, Larsen Shimai :) she and I are "whitewashing" the area or in other words we are both new to it but it's little different than opening an area.   We've already gotten lost In this city. Clarkson Chōrō calls it the ghetto of Osaka :).   

Now I know I said Kyoto was a city but it's nothing compared to Osaka... It's so easy to get lost here but I love it!  I love the city.  This is my favorite place to dendo!   I get to talk to so many people and it's happy!   We have already had some interesting experiences.  Like singing at an old person's home in muumuus and playing ukulele.  We also met awesome members!  I really miss my last area but it's okay because I'm really happy.

This is where I need to be, I can already see it. So many miracles are going to happen!

Also 9 months baby....I don't like it.  It means as of right now I'm more than half way done and have less and less time to be a missionary.  Anyway.  I love you all!  I pray for you everyday!  I know God lives!  I know he has a sense of humor, and I know that he loves you more than anything in the whole world!


Love you,

Zoe Shimai
Because they call me Sister Zoe :3
























SAMUEL THE LAMANITE















MY TWO FAVORITE THINGS; PIRATES AND MUSIC

No comments:

Post a Comment