Monday, May 2, 2016

MAY 2, 2016 - TOFU DOUGHNUTS

Hey y'all! What even happened this week I don't even know! Really I'm not exactly sure....we went to the other part of our area that's like 45 min bike ride, to go meet with members less actives and teach the first English class of the week. We met with sister Tachibana. She is so sassy. We wanted to stay longer but we got lost trying to find her house and these two high school boys helped us. They were so kind to us. 

Wednesday we met these two college students picking up trash and so we decided to help them. It was really good. We hope to meet them again. 

Thursday we met with the Fishers. Sister Fisher married an American along time ago, she's Japanese but she really is the absolute sweetest!  She gives the best hugs and she's like a mom. She and I sat together in primary and she let me put my head on her shoulder and she put her arm around me. Oh I just love her, and her daughter Lani who is about to go to BYU Hawaii for school. We taught them with the Elders and it was amazing. She makes the best curry I've ever tasted. So good. She lives on top of her brothers factory and they have the most beautiful roof garden. 

Friday we had district meeting and we talked about the spirit and how Elder Stevenson, the new member of the 12, is coming to visit our mission! We'll all go to Kobe to see him!  I'm so excited!  Also we have been asked to strive to get a baptism before he comes at the end of the month and we totally can do it!  We had fun with the Elders in our district and then went to a crepe shop after the meeting. We got this hamburger cheese pizza creepe. It sounds kinda gross but was seriously the most delicious hamburger pizza combination ever. The shop loves the missionaries and so they give us discounts.

Friday night and all Saturday we had a Kokon (comp exchange) to Abeno. It was so much fun. Every time we saw a foreigner we shout squirrel. But one sister, Ueno Shimai (she's waiting for her visa to go to Utah to be a temple square missionary) can't say squirrel really well and so she'll sit there trying to say it for like 5 mins after we see a white person. She is so cute! I love her to pieces. Her English is good, except for squirrel. So if you're in temple square go find a Sister Ueno, with a Japanese flag on her name tag and tell her you
know me!  She'll be so happy!  We also went to an all you can eat pasta and cake restaurant with some investigators, so so good, I love cake.  

Sunday was hectic. We have this one member...I won't name this person,  but they are an over planner always taking the missionaries dendo time....she's a little crazy.  Let's just say investigators who come to church are probably more important than relief society starting without the sister missionaries. Also we lost our keys.  I taught primary, then found the keys, and met a brother who knows the church is true but won't join because sake is too good to give up.

But we did get to call and talk to the sweetest recent convert Mami-chan. She's like 12 and we told her to remember she is a daughter of God and she's like duh, of course I know that, who doesn't? It was sweet! Today, Monday we woke up and I opened my package from my family.  It made me so happy! I loved the pictures, the cranes, the bluebell ice cream t-shirt! It made me really happy! Thank you sooo sooo sooo much! I also got a phone call from the sister training leaders and they sang happy birthday, and then about an hour later I got a call from President and Sister Welch and all the elders in the office and they sang to me too. It was really sweet and it was funny because the elders are all singing bass and then there is one soft voice, Welch Shimai. Today we are going to Kyoto! I'll get to have 4 of my
six comps with me at once which will be exciting! I've missed Kyoto so much! It will be fun!

Post Kyoto trip! I had so much fun! I saw Cannon Shimai and we ran to each other and hugged and it was so happy! It was so much fun to hang with my companions! We got a picture together and got to eat ice cream and photo bombed some people! So good :) 


Okay so I'd like you all to know something. Something really important. As you well may know this Sunday is Mother's Day. My mom is wonderful. My mom is kind. My mom is funny and smart and spunky! She loves to laugh at me and my siblings and she loves to dance with us too. She is beautiful, her eyes are the prettiest shade of green that are like emeralds. Her smile when she is looking at something she loves is my favorite smile because it's real with no strings attached. When she listens, she listens with her whole heart and once you know her or know any of her kids she will love you for life.  Literally. She cares, she loves, she motivates, she inspires. She is an example of Christ like love. She is artistic. She's the one that showed me that the classics are the best. She is nerdy :) she loves sci-fi, she loves to go to art museums with me. She showed me that life is truly a wonderful life. She has incredible strength, she loves our family, the ones that came before our lives. She taught me, she testified to me. She showed me how to love everyone and anyone. She is my mom. I choose her as she choose me in the life before this one. I love her to the moon and back and this email does not adequately describe how much I love her, care for her, want to hug, hug, hug her for a very long time. Mom I love you so much!!! 


Love your eternal daughter,
(Madeline) Oswald Shimai

THESE KIDS WANTED THEIR PICTURE TAKEN WITH US

THREE OF MY SIX COMPS

CANNON SHIMAI

MEGAN SHIMAI

IN KYOTO

CANNON, OSWALD, MEGAN, LARSEN SHIMAIS

MY CURRENT COMP - LARSEN SHIMAI



MY DISTRICT IN OSAKA


I FOUND A THING!

AND A SICK CORVETTE


No comments:

Post a Comment