Monday, June 6, 2016

JUNE 5, 2016 - ALOHA!

Aloha!

Aloha everyone. Am I in Hawaii? No, still Japan, but that would be nice to sit on a beach for a few days ha ha, but alas I have no time, no money and there is a greater work to be done here.  So in sacrament whenever I speak I always say aloha to every one and so everyone
after is like aloha back for the whole rest of the day. Woo!

We had...a week. Monday as you know (or at least I think I wrote last week) we went to Akame! Wow so pretty! Clarkson almost died. (???)  That was scary but also fun. This weeks letter must be short because I owe my parents a longer letter than normal, so that means not much time to write this one. 


Updates: 
1. I'm not dying so that's good...I think. I don't like Japanese health care....the doctors are great(ish) but the system is 'not good'...(I'm trying to avoid using the word screwy even
though I just used it, just pretend that I didn't).


2. We went and ate out with this awesome girl and we gave her a Book of Mormon and she
was so excited to read it so we'll see how that goes YAY! 


3. I lost my comp for like 45 mins....oh man. She bikes too slow I bike too fast and some how we get separated even going down a straight path, gotta love the city! 

4. I stayed in Osaka! I love the city it's so much fun! I'm so happy because that means I don't have to pack! WOAH! Also I get to stay with my lovely Hispanic comp, Sister Larsen! WOAH! We have lots of brain bows (a thought you have at the same time it's a rainbow
between your brains :) 


5. I had a win the other day when a Japanese elder couldn't tell that I was American over the phone, it means I sound Japanese! Yuss. 

6. What even happened this week?

8. I met a band at the train station called Star T Rat....they had cross necklaces but knew nothing about Jesus, which was a little disappointing but such is life. ( I'm not saying life is disappointing okay sometimes it is but, life is also actually pretty darn interesting...) 

7. Because I forgot it up there.  We met an interesting woman at English class. We
were talking to her and next thing we know a member was like, "everyone go home please" (this is afterwards) and she was being so strange (the interesting woman) and then the elders were like, 'listen to her,'  (the member) and then we got our stuff and went home. Turns out the "interesting" woman was actually really bad influence on elders before...it was kinda scary...


9. Our Ward mission leader is really funny. That's it. 

10. I conducted the music in sacrament meeting and that was really nerve racking but also not too exciting.

11. When people turn to you and expect you to be able to translate the word fore-ordained and other deeper topics in relief society....so sad.

Okay y'all I hope you are having a good week. Remember to look for the miracles, they are always there your just have to remember that theyare there, like your nose! Isn't it a miracle you have a nose! None of you really remember that it's there but it is. It allows me to
smell...flowers and food. What a blessing! But really look for the ways God gives you gifts it could be a little laugh from something you saw that day or anything!


Love,

Oswald Shimai

P.S.  Every one thinks I killed JFK.



Me at the Pokemon Center



Us with the band Star T Rat

No comments:

Post a Comment