Wednesday, October 12, 2016

OCTOBER 10, 2016 - CAR SICKNESS IS NOT FUN...

Transfer 10.

Wow I've been here a while...all of my friends are dead (have left the mission) and there are a ton of missionaries that I don't know!  I'm considered an old Shimai and its icky. Well, to start last Monday was crazy and then from then on got even crazier.

P-day wasn't exactly p-day like. At this rehabilitation center, Emi, the woman who runs it,  asked us to sing some Japanese songs for some old people and because I don't know any but one, I sang it about 10 times.  All the oldies sang along.  It was cute.  It was also one obachan's (translation: grandma, because you just straight out call people obachan in Japan) birthday so we dressed her up in a wedding dress....still not sure why but she was happy :)   When I told Emi and her family that I might be transferring, her mom started crying and she hugged me for like 5 minutes.  They are such a sweet family...that flipping needs the gospel but won't take the lessons.  I first met Emi like 6 months ago when she helped us when we got lost.  


We also went to Yakiniku (all you can eat meat place😝) with Fisher Shimai.  Japanese women can eat so much food......it's not fair.  Later that night we took the train to Nara to visit my friend and member, Maki.  Gosh I love her!  We went with the Elders and taught her and her boyfriend.  It was great and all but we were super late home....I got on the train and looked at my watch (I probably just looked like a silly gaijin) I flipped open our phone ('cause it's a flip phone) dialed our district leader, "Moshi, moshi, Ray Choro desu," "Ray were gonna be late."  Yeah I don't know why but it felt cooler saying it and living it..... He responded,"oh...okay...us too..." I love Ray Choro.  He was a great district leader......πŸ€”πŸ˜±

Tuesday was great!  Got to be with the Kono couple and they are seriously like my grandparents :) πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ   After English class, (which seriously, such a tough crowd that night nobody smiled....πŸ˜…) I got a call telling me that I was....transferring!
Noooooooooo.......oh man it was heart breaking!   I knew it was coming...6 months in an area....Higashi Osaka is my home!  It's the ghetto but it's my home! I was also really sad that I won't be training Dayley Shimai anymore.  That was probably the worst part. I love training,  it's so much fun.  I felt a little like I got demoted from captain to cabin boy....😭😫  Mah, it's all good because I know that the Lord has got my back!


Thursday is the day! All packed and ready to go to.....Kurayoshi!  It's a tiny town in the middle of the mountains and my new companion is Blomquist Shimai.  Her family right now is in Utah but before lived in George Town, Texas :3 yup, she knows.  She understands the Bluebell ice cream famine.  She also is a fantastic artist and loves....I mean loves anime.  Woah.   She also likes to talk so I have learned about maybe 10 new anime that I need to watch when I get home, along with all of her own stories, which are incredibly detailed and interesting that I just sit and listen like its a bed time story. We have really hit it off from the start.  I like her brain.  I'm pretty sure she has about 12 universes that simultaneously coincide within her.  (I just read her this paragraph and she said, "True, that's about accurate.") This is her last transfer in the mission and I get kill her (another strange missionary term).  So far we are having a blast and literally last night we laughed our heads off for good hour and a half.  Also we are super unified.  Super unified, in teaching, in random events of goofiness.

This area has recently had a few baptisms and we have a shigansha (person with baptismal date) and his name is Franco.  He is from the Philippines, he is such a sweet guy, please pray for him.  With a few language barriers, it's hard to make sure he knows things we tell him.  We also had General Conference.  All international countries get it a week later.  It was so good.  Loved it!


Not much else to report on other than I feel like I have lived 30 years in three days, we've just done so much and at the same time nothing at all haha.  This transfer looks bright....but also cold....

I love you all! Have a good week...


P.S.  This is my knew theme:

2 The Lord is my strength and song, and he is become my salvation: he
is my God, and I will prepare him an habitation; my father’s God, and
I will exalt him. (Exodus 15)!

Oswald Shimai desu! γ‚ͺズワルド姉妹です

No comments:

Post a Comment