Monday, October 3, 2016

OCTOBER 3, 2016 - I HAVE NEVER LIVED SO MUCH IN MY WHOLE LIFE

Man this week....my mission....I love it so much!   I'm transfer 10 now...I have 18 more Sundays....I'm so not ready to come home,. I do miss you but seriously I have never lived so much in my whole life!  My life before feels like a dream. Miracles happen everyday as you know,  to see the hand of the Lord is such a blessing.

Like yesterday we were lost trying to find a member's house and lost for like 45 minutes or so and this nice guy putting flyers in mail boxes helps us out and turns out he is Christian and reads the Bible everyday....SAY WHAT?   That doesn't happen my dear parents and when it does your just like, OH THANK YOU JESUS!   But you keep that in your head and refrain from dancing.  SO we talked about the Book of Mormon and gave it to him, and HE ACCEPTED IT!  YOSHIMAMA! Yeah,  that was super happy!   Also my trainee is the bomb!  She just goes up to people and starts talking. She doesn't let anything stop her.   We see miracles because of her desire and courage. 

As a missionary though, you find that the world isn't full of light and happy miracles.  There are a lot of sad and hurting people.  I recently read a talk where Elder Holland went to a prison to visit the inmates there taking a class about religion that the church offers them, and man it hit me that Jesus didn't sit with the rich and the wealthy.   He was with those who were broken, who hoped for better, those who sinned and those who betrayed him, but he still loved them he still taught. 

I think many people think that missionaries are just pure and perfect and that everything around them is that way too.  I can testify that life is still just as upsetting and hard and dirty as it has ever been. The difference that missionaries have is that despite the filth, we will still lend our hand.    We will still cry with those who need us, we will listen to complaints and we will do anything for our Lord Christ, and anything to bring others unto Him, so they too can understand. 

Missionaries are no where near perfect....we have fears and doubts.  And we see a lot of the filth.  In Japan specifically there are a lot of mentally ill people.   It is so hard to see because there isn't much we can do for them.  There is a member, her name is Mary (I have changed her name).  I met her a few weeks back at Stake conference and she is member in another area.  She and I became close, I was able to help her the best that I could.  Mary has multiple personality disorder.  She has about 10 faces and 2 that are most prominent.   She hurts her self and she tells me.  She is such a wonderful, beautiful girl but man....it hurts.  To love others with your whole self is a gift but it still hurts.  Tonight we are going to visit her :). 

Why am I telling you this?   Well, for one, 'cause I want you to know that its hard.  I am sad about it.    But I also to testify to you my testimony of the Atonement.  Man, I am nothing with out it.  But not only does it give me strength, it gives me comfort that it is also for others.  It is not just for me,  the Atonement  is gifted to all.  "And I will be your light in the wilderness; and I will prepare the way before you...and ye shall know that it is by me that ye are led." 1 Nephi 17:13 he is our light.  In this dark world he is our light.  This is said so much and not enough. The vastness of that statement it so profound and we need to pay more attention to the light.  I love Mary. 

I want you to know my dear parents, that you have raised me right, to love and put others before my self, that your example has shown me that we must love with no reservations and trust in God with nothing but our whole being. 

That is all I have for today.   I don't have any time.  I'm sorry, but I know you are protected and when I get home we are going to be the best member missionaries Highlands Ranch has ever seen!! 

I love you! to the Moon and back!

yours truly,
Oswald Shimei 

I cannot get over Nonnie's mispronunciation.   I love my family!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment