Wednesday, December 28, 2016

DECEMBER 25, 2016 - LIGHT THE WORLD!!!




Well where do I start?!  FIRST OFF, HAPPY MERRY CHRISTMAS! Seriously this has been on of the best Christmas ever! Let's start with the beginning as usual because were else would we start? 




The week started off with a MultiZONE Pday. All the missionaries off the Island of Shikoku came up and we all got to play some basketball and just chill like normal human beings, but SEGREGATION IS STILL A THING!   One stupid Elder (he's not really stupid but his comments were) said "Let's just play elders with elders and sisters with sisters." -_-.......all of us sisters were bummed...mainly because we're no fun.....yes girl basketball is still really girly even if you want to play hard core, at least in my case.  I can steal the ball pretty well but because of the lack of ARM span shooting is difficult....But over all it was still fun :) 



Later on that night we were able to go to the train station and sing carols. Yamamoto Choro played his violin and it was awesome!  We all met in Okayama and then stayed the night in the sister's apartment.   I serenaded everyone with my ukulele playing. 

The next day, Tuesday, if you forgot that Tuesday comes after Monday, we had more sports and then set up for the Christmas Conference.  It started with the talent show, which included the Beefiest Elders Arm Wrestling, that included my district leader Wheeler Choro...he is such a weirdo...and then battle of wits were some elders tried to solve a Rubik's cube as fast as they could.  Then we got to see four elders put them selves through some intense mental, physical and emotional pain....they ate wasabi. The challenge was to eat a whole tube or really who could last the longest. Inaba Choro finished the whole tube and just dropped it on the floor like a boss... but all of them were coughing and it was painful to watch.  

Later I got to sing the song I wrote. It was awesome. The spirit was so thick you could cut it with a butter knife.  After I finished, the whole room stood, clapping and I felt this seriously overwhelming feeling of love from them and from My Heavenly Father. I sang about the tree of life.  It was essentially my testimony and it was awesome! From then on the rest of the conference was really spirit filled. We ended up staying again the night because we missed the bus back so we left in the morning, finally getting back, hitting the streets. 

Thursday it was 70 degrees...wooo...and then it rained and we got soaked all the way through. 

Friday we went to Tottori for District meeting and it was cool.  It was about enduring to the end, mainly directed towards me because this is now my last transfer.....WOAH, there is that bomb shell....12th TRANSFER! yesh.....that's scary.   Anyway moving on. Friday night we had our Christmas part and we had fun together. A ton of nonmembers came and that was cool.  There was so much food!!  My absolute favorite part was when Swasey Kyodai came up to me as said, "I need you to guard the door while I go find Santa."  "Aye Aye, Captain," I say saluting him.  Next thing you know there HE IS! SANTA SAN!  It was awesome!  He handed everyone gifts and then we got new neck warmer scarf things....so soft!!! 

Saturday was so busy!!  We went all over the place.  We visited less actives and investigators and managed to find someone. We were biking towards an area to try to visit a few potentials when I looked over to the side and saw this apartment and was like I should knock on that door.  We walked up to the first apartment door and a girl answered the door.  We told her that we have a message about Jesus Christ and that through him we can feel happy and return to live with God again.  We asked her if she wanted to learn more and feel more happy.  She nodded her head yes vigorously and told us, "Yes, I do!" Oh my goodness, when she said yes the spirit hit us so hard! I could only think of the words to a song I had been singing all week...

"You step into your genkan, after a day of doors slammed in your face
You turn to your companion, and say it was a really good day
Your companion thinks you're crazy, but you swear you saw the hand of the Lord
When someone came up to you, and said, "I want to know more."

Oh, how does it feel to see the one you've come to love dressed in white?
Now you remember what was said,
You are called to serve, go give it all you have
And leave all other personal affairs behind.

You are called to preach, and teach and search and love
The people of Kobe Japan (you know you said it) 
You're walking with the Lord, and raising the light
So open up your mouth, and give your heart to God,
'Cuz after all, you are called to serve!"

Background. I sang this song as well at the Christmas Conference.  I wrote a song, shared it with another Elder and he wrote this taking from my song.  It's about the Japan Kobe mission.  I really felt these words ring true!  


SUNDAY IS A SPECIAL DAY IT'S THE DAY WE WORSHIP JESUS' BIRTHDAY! 
Woah, this was a really good Christmas!  Sacrament meeting was awesome!  Amazing testimonies and love from the members.  They are seriously my family! I love all of them so much!!  I handed out candy canes that my mom sent and they loved them! After church I got to skype my WONDERFUL family and it was full of laughter and tears.  Later we went over to Brother Swasey's and cooked Christmas dinner.  There was so much food! So much butter, three pies, and actual turkey! oh goodness....
Man it was such a wonderful week! I love you all! I love Jesus Christ! I love that we get to celebrate his birth!! 

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Oswald Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment