Monday, February 15, 2016

FEBRUARY 14, 2016 - SMILE, IT LOOKS GOOD ON YOU

miss 1.5% milk

Aloha everyone! Can I just first say I love you all so very much!

On Monday we had a long fun P-Day I don't remember what we did  though...and then we had a fun game night where we painted with paint
brushes in our mouths.  It was way fun. Afterwards we went to McDonald's with Yokochan, member, and I showed her you could dip fries in ice cream.....if this isn't a thing in America and I'm just weird, don't tell me other wise, because I tell them it's an American thing.  While eating isu (ice cream) this guy in this sick hat passed by and as he did he saw my name tag and pointed at me and said, "Tell me what you believe!" (In English) I was taken back and I was like okay and before I could even get a word out he's sitting at our table asking about the song Amazing Grace (singing bits and pieces of it) and he talks about his name and writes it in kanji and I know like one so I "try" and he got way to excited about me knowing the kanji for book and Japan.  Anywho, we talk about God for a bit but then he lifts up his suteki hat to show that his hair is absent from the picture (he's bald) and tells us he's a monk. That's okay just talking to a Buddhist monk.

Eikaiwa was rough we taught about jobs and money and it was kinda depressing. The Elders were late because they took a train out to another part of our area and got lost in the jungle where it was hailing and monkeys where attacking them or so they said.  The were going the wrong way and were headed towards the beach/ocean. Ya, Tuesday was kinda rough.  Also rough because we made a cake for an investigator, fixed a bike and at the end of the day we were crazy and tired...this is when Toyooka started attacking us, very subtly .

Wednesday was good.  We taught an amazing lesson with Sister Kishida Shimai.  The spirit was so strong and we challenged her to give a book a Mormon to a friend or family member. It was a great lesson! We then went down to the school to go give children candy and talk to them (because that's acceptable in this country) but when we got there, there was no one there.  So we stopped our bikes at a park and we met and talked to a girl who was so sweet and she seemed really interested in our message and it was such a tender blessing! After, we went to go finding.  Elsewhere there was this apartment that backed up against a forest and there was a staircase (I say staircase but it was just logs bound together going upward) and we were both like let's climb it. So we did and we got to the top of a magical shrine....or an abandoned one but it was way cool! Then we ended our day with dinner but Cannon Shimai was like I want mashed potatoes and pancakes! Yeah, carbs....we need better diet goals....



Toyooka attacked the Elders this week too they just had a really hard day so we bought them dough nuts.  Thursday was a beautiful warmer, holiday and we had fun with Yoko chan. She's so sweet and a recent convert and loves to spend time with us.  We went out to eat together and looked through this store that has an abundance of cute useless nicknacks.

Friday we headed out to Fukuchiyama for district meeting with was fun, my district leader is Japanese but he is so...flamboyant!  We've nick-named him peacock. Takahashi Choro is an interesting character and so incredibly sassy (all Japanese elders are! Oh my-lanta!) We learned a lot and it was good meeting. The train ride back was two hours long though....so when we got back we were exhausted because trains make me sleepy. But the weather was incredible today! Seriously it was actually kinda warm and everyone in Toyooka was kinda freaking out and people were outside. People just seem so much happier when the sun is out :) but because I was so tired we went to a park to cheer ourselves up before we went and talked to people. 


Let me tell you about Ani (Annie ). She is this skateboarding punk, that acts like she's 16 (but she's like way older) that speaks great English.   I met her today (Friday) and she is awesome. She is a lot like some punks I knew in highschool and I love them to death!  Ani is interesting, she has a hard time with smoking and curses a bunch but she really is a good kid (I call her a kid but I'm younger....she acts younger haha). She let me ride her skate board and it was way 久しぶり (hisashiburi but say the ri like a ti).

Saturday, it was actually warm like 64 F degrees warm and it was so strange because it usually is like 26 F with rain and winds. We went to a lesson with our investigator and less active friend. We have
had lessons with them every week since being here in Toyooka. Chiori Shimai (less active) is a piano teacher and before I came she and Miho (investigator) talked to the previous sisters about making a band. So Chiori plays the piano, Miho is percussion, my comp is on flute and I'm singing. (I've probably explained all this before). Progressively, with each visit we have done lesson first and music second where it was flipped before. Chiori has struggled with certain aspects of the gospel but when we started sharing things with Miho, she pipes in and adds her testimony. The spirit is so strong in those lessons. I love these two so much! We play and sing Frank Senatra, Disney, country road, all sorts of things. One time she played a song I had written for piano and made it sound so much better!!! Chiori is so funny she loves to tease us, mainly me, and she gives really good hugs!

Also on Saturday we had two other lessons with members and both times we went to get sushi afterwards....oh man....so good but my wallet....don't worry it's all good but man..I love sushi. Too much.  And word of advice from our STLS, of your feeling down just tell Satan he doesn't have a body.

Sunday:  so much love- Terada Shimai cried when we performed. She told us she loved it and wants us to do it again.  Suzuki, the Hermada fam, all awesome peeps liked our music. I sang, Cannon-ball was on flute [and member Yoko Chan]. Kishida Shimai spoke about how she felt loved by God because we taught her. Earlier in the week, I got really fatigued and then slept all day. This was another attack and the same thing happened to another Elder in this area.

I thought I was okay but then I go and drop boiling water on my hand ....I'm typing with one hand right now. It's hard and painful. Also it's snowing. And my feet are wet.

Fast is fun needs to be on a t shirt.

That's it.

I love y'all. I'm okay,  just emotional but that's okay :)

Madeline













CUTE USELESS NICKNACK


No comments:

Post a Comment