Tuesday, February 2, 2016

JANUARY 31, 2016 THE ELDERS ARE LATE AND I WANT SUSHI

This week has been interesting....let’s start with Monday!  Recently Welch Kaicho has changed  the way we receive transfer calls, so instead of looking up the new roster on the portal we would receive a call some time before Thursday telling us if we transferred or not.  It's stressful and annoying to not know.  But we had to wait...

So P-Day was way fun, an Elder in our area was "dying" (mission is your life yada yada..) and so it was his last P Day.  He actually went to the dentist to finish up a root canal....way to spend your last P Day in Japan...but like it was 8 dollars,so worth it...almost.  Anyway we met up with the Elders and our mission leader, Samu, and went to the best  Indo curry in the mission!  Ah it's so good, unlimited nan, I always feel like I made a grave mistake afterwards though haha.  So after that we all went to a flea market where we bought about 8 kimonos for 500¥ (5bucks)!   it was such a bargain!  We had fun just looking at the shops eating fried squid, having custard and cake and pancake balls, I love food guys....its way bad....anyway afterwards we meet up with the Elder’s investigator, Nori, who has the same birthday as me!!   We taught him English and talked about the priesthood and such and then we had a kimono party and we all tried on the kimonos we just bought.  It was way fun!

Tuesday:  Going about the day and the Elders (who are our zone and district leaders) called like three times!  (I'm expecting the transfer phone call) and one of those times was about a silly kimono, that
Elder Gosney wanted (he's a silly Australian (he also is a troll, because the night before he called and I don't remember what but he started playing the Thomas the Tank Engine theme song and said troll!!  No, I remember it was Sunday and he said it was’ cause it's Sunday is the best day of the week so he trolls the sisters)) I digress.  Anyway, finally I decide to go to the other room and instead of me answering the phone my comp does and she calls from the other room ,"It's for you!" No! I sigh and take the phone.  The Australian again, "It's about transfers, Oswald Shimai is transferring!  But I don't know where though, so have fun packing!" Noooooooooooooooo! (I think I shouted no a little too loudly after hanging up).   I didn't want to transfer!  I love Kyoto!  Like LOOOVE ! I love the city, the people but I know that it's a good thing.  They "white washed" the Elders too, that means two new ones come in instead of one. To be honest it's Monday and I'm still sad about leaving but I love my new area it's just not the city.....so later on that night we went to our game night and had lots of fun shouting and making fun of people and then we had an awesome lesson about the spirit afterwards!  I also was taught that night how to box (which I will be picking up after the Mish) by a member, Yoshia. Love him, he needs to go on his mission!  He baptized Tomoko our last investigator.

Wednesday came and it wasn't until lunch that I found out where I was headed off too. My new area is Toyooka in the Fukuchiyama zone. My new companion is Cannon Shimai a 3rd transfer and now I (I'm fourth transfer say whhhhaaat?!)  I've been made senior companion.  I do not know enough Japanese.  And to put the cherry on top it's inaka (country side).  I think I might have been a little sour at first when I first found out but then I remember this isn't for me this is for the Lord and his people!  So I sent off my bags and then we had an awesome lesson with our investigator Inoue San. We gave her a children's Book of Mormon with pictures and now she's actually reading it whereas before she's like, I'm too old and it’s too hard to understand. Wakarahen."  But she loved it and started reading it right then and there!  It was so happy! Then later that night we had Eikaiwa and it was lots of fun and we took lots of photos and then Sam and I did an intense high five! I'll send the video :)

Thursday morning! Bike in the box, (which I got a new one but I'll explain that later),  I got suit cases sent and I'm off to Neverland also known as the train station.  I got to see people from my zone before I left and it was happy :)  Mission president is really changing up the mission now because at least 1-2 people in each area transferred out of the zone. With transfers I travelled by myself to Toyooka on a two hour train that cost 45 dollars!! (the reason I keep typing out dollars is because  I can't find the dollar sign on this keyboard) now I have no money *\(^o^)/*  Then I met my new companion!  She's so sweet and she has such dendo (missionary work) fire!!!  It's awesome and we're going to have so many miracles this transfer!!!

Friday and Saturday is rained.  You know this is a significant part of my life now when I start two days off with rain.  It rained,  And rained,  And rained.  I feel like Forrest Gump in Vietnam, but it's eien no ame out there! (Eternal rain). I have acquired a new style its plastic bags on my feet, fifty layers and rain pants over my skirt. It's also so cold that I sleep with 2 thick comforters and an electric blanket and a sweat shirt on.  No insulation in Japan so the floor is also like walking on ice. Wow! (T_T) the  Elders in this area also white washed so we've been helping them out because Cannon Shimai is the only one that knows where everything is...Elders Funaki and Hancock.  They are both pretty funny and interesting. You can already see the bromance brewing.

Sunday was great! Over the course of the last few days I have made some shocking discoveries.  One, the ward right now consists of 15 people.  Two, it's not a ward it's a branch and so there is no Bishop.
  Three, the Elders are now the branch presidents councilors. Four,  this is the smallest church I have ever attended.  It has a kitchen, one spare room, a bathroom, an office and another room for sacrament also about 1/8 the size of our chapel at home. Five there is no font. Six we have ALOT OF WORK TO DO, and I'm excited !!!!

I actually gave a talk on Sunday which was...ma, interesting. But it was on the sacrament and I learned a lot from my study before hand which was good.  Then later we went to a less actives house who is a piano teacher so that is why she doesn't come to church, anyway her non member friend came and all of us got together and right then and there made a band, little band.  They just whooped out some music and instruments Cannon ball played the flute, I sang, Chiori Shimai played piano and Miho San played percussion instruments.  We sang Beatles, the Police ;), I can show you the world and fly me to the moon by frank Sinatra.  Ahhh so much fun!  And it was way strange too! Then we talked about Jesus Christ at the end and Miho was listening so intently and  the spirit was so strong in that lesson!

I've only been here a few days and we are working so hard!!  Baptisms this transfer! Today (Monday) is more rain. But it's okay because we're going to get sushi so I'm happy !

So to answer some questions:  Yes I still bike every day, but I don't have the same bike anymore.  A "dying" Elder gave me his and so now I have an actual nice bike that isn't falling apart and doesn't give me bad knees and its Canadian and not, to quote the words of Brother Fuji, "a Chinese piece of crap."   It was fine until it got knocked over by Sam and then stopped working properly. So I gave my bike to member Gen (who has gone through at least 7 missionary bikes, he's an interesting one) but really God protects me while I bike cause I've almost been hit like a billion times :3 like last Wednesday!  When I was in Kyoto we rode the trains all the time and I miss it but that's okay :)

Also to my best friend Elder Ryan Gibb, I'm so sorry you got hurt and I love you and hope everything works out so you can get right back to it!  You're in our prayers here! 
D&C 121:7-8


Love, Mad Dog!


I love all of you so very much! Also watch Sister Act for me.  I have this desire to watch it right now but I can't :/


Love,
Sister Mad dog Zoe Oswald Shimai


ルド姉妹 or ozuchan as one investigator calls me

Tuck-n-Roll









New Companion Sister Cannon, far right

Farewell Pics




Sam


Packing my bike

With companions # 3 and # 4






English class!






Kimono Flea Market Finds






















No comments:

Post a Comment