Monday, February 8, 2016

FEBRUARY 8, 2016 - YO, I GOT THIS EMAIL FOR Y'ALL....I'M NOT SURE WHAT'S UP WITH THIS TITLE....

TOYOOKA, JAPAN - MY THIRD AREA





MY NEW AREA!

THIS IS WHERE I LIVE NOW

I don't think I mentioned this before but I've been on a mission for 6 months now!! WHAT!? Crazy! I only have a year left its so sad!!!  But it's crazy to think about how fast this has gone! I love what I do I never thought I would be able to understand people like I do now, or even be able to do this every day.  Before I was nervous that I would only have the scriptures and gospel related articles to read and that I would get bored with it. I thought it would be a drag but now there isn't enough time to read, I love what I do every day!!

Tuesday we had Eikaiwa, English class, and we have one student right now and his name is Tom. He actually told me his whole name but I have no idea what it is because he said it way fast and he then said just
call me Tom. Tom is crazy!  He use to be really wealthy but he went bankrupt and now is just this crazy old guy that wants to learn English. He is way funny and likes to sing.

Wednesday we had a lesson with a member, Setoura Shimai, and she is a quiet soul but she asked if we could teach her and so we did and through out the whole lesson it seemed like she was struggling or looked kind of disappointed. And then I got this idea to share a scripture with her and when I did she shouted a happy gasp. And she told us that a few days ago she prayed and just then she received the answer. It felt so good to help her! After her lesson though (we were at the church) the Chorotachi's drunk investigator comes into the church and starts talking to us. He's always filled with liquor, he can't stop but he tells us how he needs to stop and change but we taught him a lesson too....you know he's wasted when he takes his shoes off at the door...don't worry, he isn't like out of hand drunk I think he just a forgetful drunk. He's an interesting character, he keeps coming to church because he likes sacrament so there is that. He actually just walked in to the church right now but we're with the chorotachi, so not too bad. Poor guy...

Friday we had Zone training meeting and a comp exchange which was way fun but it's so far away!  Our zone is huge!!! The trains are also expensive out here. But we had lots of fun together.

STL ALLEN SHIMAI - I LOVE HER

Sorry this is a bad letter.  This week was really good and fun but I just have no focus to write all the details...

Also my companion is flipping hilarious and sassy and we get along so well :3

NEW COMPANION - CANNON SHIMAI 

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY FROM JAPAN



Parentals: Mom I loved your letter and all the letters you've sent
this week! They have made me so happy! I love the video game analogy:3 
I love you both so much! Like you have no idea!!!! I can't wait to hug
you two again :) it will be very happy!

Madeline =(^.^)=
Tuck-n-Roll











No comments:

Post a Comment