Friday, July 15, 2016

JULY 11 - BREAK DANCING AND SINGING DRUNKS

Well that's an alarming title. It's to get your attention so you pay attention to my not very exciting but still pretty hectic week.  As each week passes, how quick it goes is astonishing and then I look back and I feel like we did things but like on fast forward on a VCR.  We let's look back shall we.




One reason to not go downtown


Yo, Monday happened.  We went to Osaka jo or castle and had a picnic which just ended being too hot to do anything...so we went to Namba, this big shopping mall.  I got some sick shades🕶. And so did the Elders.  I'll send pictures.  It was fun! Yeah,  I didn't do much to celebrate America... i.e. no fire works :/ 

Now on to Tuesday.  We went out to Habikino and had a birthday party for our investigator/not investigators.  It was fun but slightly awkward.  Families are tough especially if it was an arranged marriage.  Poor miss Faiza, she works so hard for her daughters.  Please pray for her.  She is Islamic and so very kind to us.  It was also hot on Tuesday and when we went to eikaiwa I talked to a woman about cats for a very long time during the conversation portion of the class. 😻  

Wednesday it was really hot.  Like really hot.  Like drenched because it's so humid. 😓We went to fuse station to try to find this less active that lives around there but she said over the intercom either to go away or it wasn't them...I don't know I couldn't understand so then we walked around and I thought let's walk by Starbucks.  We did, I saw this cool looking girl she had tattoos on her shoulders and back, ankle and wrist. I thought to myself I like her, I want to be her friend.  She was drinking iced coffee I think well we'll work on that ;) anywho she saw our name tags and immediately asked if we were Christian and that was unexpected.  Turns out she loves Jesus and we told her we taught about him and she was like please teach me!  It was so cool. She's now a new investigator.

The end of Wednesday, most of Thursday and Friday we went and broke up potted trees for Sister Fisher.  By Friday though there was tension all around because neighbors got angry because of all the trash bags full of dirt and bags ripped open and it was a huge mess.  Over all, us and the elders ended up fighting about how to approach stressful situations and yadayada then we ended at the street corner fighting and then apologizing to each other.....people passed us and stared at us like what the heck are these four white peeps doing on the corner shouting at each other....to be honest I'm don't remember why we were angry.  It was raining and then we made up! Yay! Now we're tight :3 ya not too exciting.

Thursday we went out to Habikino again and this guy asked us if we were from America and was like here I'll buy you drinks!  He walked over to a vending machine and gave us sodas and turns out he was completely wasted...you could smell the alcohol on him...but we did teach him about Jesus though...and then we left him to go into a store to buy a snack. When we walked out there was another woman just shouting and singing like a mad woman.  She sat on a bench and shouted, "OOOOsSUSHI! I love yoooou!"

Friday we had zone training meeting and we took a picture and it was crazy.  An elder was finishing his mission and we call it dying.  So we had a "funeral" for him. Saturday it rained. Yeah,th at made life harder, but we did learn how to break dance! That was cool! From our potential investigator... my hands are sore now.  














Sunday was good really good.  I had to give a talk in church.  I talked about the temple. Gosh I miss the temple all you people who live near a temple just go.  I and the members here have to wait so long to go.  So sad but I love it.  Then we had good classes at church and good time with members.  Afterwards we had a concert at the church by the orchestra who practices at the building every Sunday.  It was nice.  We didn't end up getting home 'til like 5.  It was a
long day at church. 



















I love you all.  Please read Mosiah 15.  Read it out loud.  And listen to what Abinadi has to say about Jesus Christ and those who believe in Him. So wonderful.  I'm so grateful to be a representative of Christ.  No matter how hard the days may get, I can turn to his sweet words, listen to music that testifies of Him.  The day we danced with our friend it was good but the music was draining.....afterwards we sang children primary songs with a member and that filled my heart once again with the Spirit.  Not that those songs are bad, it's that as a missionary we really do have this special kind of spirit with us and you can feel the difference.

I love you! Remember to always smile. You never know who that may strengthen even if you don't feel like doing so yourself.          


Love Sister Oswald

No comments:

Post a Comment