Thursday, July 28, 2016

JULY 25, 2016 - ANESAN! WAIT A MOMENT!

Monday was ping pong day.  And then I got snubbed but that's okay because
I love God more.
 
Tuesday was our P-day last week!  (Just last week)  We spent three hours at an all you can eat meat place, also known as yakiniku.   It was so delicious. They had really good chocolate ice cream.  After that we biked out to Habikino and taught English.  On the way home Elder Westhoff started mumbling gibberish and when I asked him he got a little too excited but shouted, I'm learning Chinese!  As we biked home we practiced the only Chinese we know which is from a missionary app for those learning a language (God loves you, and is your Heavenly Father) and French from Elder Philburn and Spanish from Sister Larsen ...my brain hurt at the end because I can't speak English or Japanese any more.

Wednesday we did things, such as trying out a new survey to lead into teaching people. Pretty good for the first day but it's a work in progress.  The sun was like an oven though...I thought my shoes were melting intothe pavement for a moment.  We then visited my Fisher Shimai and sang children's hymns and she fed us good food.  Healthy food, like this really good fried rice.  We talked about music and had this idea to get
her sister to church again, by asking her to sing with us in sacrament meeting!  We went into her room to go ask her right and she had Sophie, their dog and the two of them were really intense, the dog was doing circles!  They were watching sumo wrestling on TV.   We sat down and then we were sucked in.  We watched a few matches and it was first just surprising because it's these fat men going up against each other trying to give the other wedgies right, but it was really interesting.
It was like the worst time to ask if she wanted to sing with us but we tried, she kept making excuses but next time :) Dude I could watch sumo tournaments for hours with Ne-chan (Fisher's sister).  She makes it fun because she starts yelling at the tv. Afterwards we went and played ping pong.  It was fun until I slipped and fell because I was in socks.  It was funny and painful because I was going for the ping pong ball and missed and fell.  We all died of laughter.  At eikaiwa we received Philippine mangos.  So life is good.  So good.  So delicious.

Thursday was a Kokon, or companion exchange with Zhou Shimai.  She is my favorite Chinese sister, did you know she was converted two years ago? And when I asked her what her plans were after her mission, it is was the best answer. "I'm going to go get sealed to my family in the temple." So happy!  Anywho, we did a Mogi or roleplay lesson with Tomura Shimai and afterwards went out to get cake, it was delicious!
After that we Biked to Habikino, it took longer because Zhou is not a fast biker.  There in the old church building we taught Shannon, our Chinese investigator.  Together we were able to teach the whole restoration and we gave her a Chinese Book of Mormon and before we had even asked her to read or pray about it she told us that she would do just that!  She is so ready for this gospel.  That was such a good lesson the spirit was so strong!

Friday was district meeting.  We have a new district leader and I wasn't so sure about him yet....but when we met him...found out that he's pretty chill.  I like him.  He leaves for home soon though.  After that we went out to get curry and guess what else?  I hit my year mark! Say what?  That went by to quick!  Like I was just hanging out with the best district in the world in the MTC. So much has happened since then! I don't have enough time left!!

Saturday we had lunch with Michia.   When we started talking about the Book of Mormon she told us she didn't read it because, "I'm already happy," that was frustrating.   After that we had a lesson with Chihiro Mori.  She had called the Elders to see if she could do the eikaiwa program and they sent her to us.  At first she just wanted to learn English, but with the program we do it's half English half gospel.  She
was very willing and by the end she too was very willing to read the Book of Mormon. That was so unexpected.  Later that night I taught Kokura Shimai how to play ukulele and she was so happy! She wants to go do ukulele missionary work! So that's exciting and very happy.

Sunday was way good.  Erika, the Elder's gator (investigator),  had some interesting
questions about repentance and mamiya, the teacher seemed way annoyed because that's not where she wanted her lesson to go but it ended being good, she tells me that she likes it here! (Meaning the church). She's a little bit of an odd ball but we love her! And then primary.  I love primary, mainly because children are speaking Japanese
that I cannot :) We were the special guest singers again for Fisher Shimai, who teaches music in primary.  After church we received a ton of food from members, it's such a blessing. I love the members.


I  talked with Kokura and Kono Shimai about scriptures that we liked and then showed pictures off of my iPad.  I was kneeling for like 20 minutes right, then I told them I have to sit down and as I did, Kono Shimai sat down with me (she's like 70+), why we didn't go get chairs beats me but it was nice sitting with her and Kokura Shimai just talking about spiritual things and family.  We sang aloha oe together. 

The best part about church was when we got a yukata from Hirano Shimai.  It's like a
summer kimono.  It was the full set.  I'll send pictures next week, it's for the summer festival next Saturday. She is so kind to us.  After that we went to this station to do some dendo things and on our way home this man, shouted out to me as I passed by, "Anesani! Chotto matte kudasai!" (direct translation is Elder, Sister, please wait) it's nicer in Japanese ✨😆   This guy who stopped me (no one stops us) was so cool
looking!  Like his outfit was so chill for summer but it was like both top and shorts matched splattered with white paint, and his hair, like Japanese Thor but it wasn't blonde...so cool! 😍  Anyway he asked if we were missionaries and we answered of course and then he asked us if we had a chirashi for English class and that he wanted to come.  We talked for a bit and gave him our number.  So cool!  Anyway, many more miracles but I am running out of time.  Another miracle happened today when we met Sam, our African possible, and he was so happy to see us and said he wants meet now!  Prayers are answered!!!!!!  Okay,  I got to go! Love you!

Love, 

Oswald

No comments:

Post a Comment