Wednesday, August 10, 2016

AUGUST 8, 2016 - I BELIEVE IN MIRACLES, JUST IMAGINE ME SINGING THIS

Hola mis amigos!  So much has happened in the last week. actually that's a lie, like hardly anything happened. 
Just lots of wandering and no one listening to us...wow, it was pretty rough by the time it was Friday we only had like 4 lessons and that is seriously sad.  

We attempted Saturday to get a few more lessons but ended up only getting two.   For our mission the goal is to get 20 lessons a week at the end of each week.   Now the the numbers aspect of it isn't the most important part but it felt like we were failures. so we decided that on Sunday we would get 14 lessons, teach members, teach anyone and everyone.  We dedicated our fast to it and went to work.  Left and right we were able to get the lessons that we needed. 

We taught members, we knocked on doors, walked everywhere so we wouldn't miss anyone who might need to hear what we had to tell them.   We met this one dad with his two kids and we told them that we were Jesus Christ reps, right? and they were like whoa,  that's sick!   Like no joke that's what they said, in the Japanese equivalent. With each person we taught, the sun blazed over head, the humidity turning me into the wicked witch of the west cause I'm melting where I was but that didn't stop us! 

With each lesson the Spirit was felt, and my faith increased. by the time we walked into our apartment at like 5 minutes to nine I probably looked liked a goblin but I stepped into our genkan and we prayed, as we always do when coming home and just thanked God.  By the end we only got 19 lessons for the week. we worked so hard and we got so close, but it truly was a miracle to this week.

Also another miracle was when we went to go visit our friend Youchi, Yo for short.  He's the guy that has the delicious burger shop.    Well we went after Zone meeting and we talked to him about charity amongst other things and that just led it into how God is our Heavenly Father and he asked questions and then he had to go make a burger and as he said to himself, "Wow...its true!." and he turns to Sister Larsen and I and shouts, pointing his spatula at us, "I'm your brother! you're my brother!"  We shouted back, "I'm your sister!" and he repeated and corrected, "Your my sisters!"   It was so awesome!  We were able to give him a Book of Mormon and asked him to read it.   He so nice.   He kept calling us his sisters and it was just like yes, YES we are your sisters!   So good! 

Well this is short....sorry but if your wondering how I'm  doing, I'm so happy!  My companion and I are on fire and having a great time!   Also in two weeks we get to go to the Sapporo Temple dedication.   It's now my new favorite temple!   It has brought back so many less actives surrounding it and I only wish I could just go inside for my self. This one recent convert family in our ward will be going in a few weeks to be sealed for time and all eternity with their daughter Yuka.  It's so happy!!!!!! 

Moroni 8:2-8, put your name in place of Moroni's. 

Love you, 

Sister Oswald 

No comments:

Post a Comment