Monday, August 29, 2016

AUGUST 29, 2016 - SHUKUFUKU - BLESSING

What a week!  Let's begin shall we. Tuesday and Wednesday were pretty much the same but we packed up Larsen Shimai and taught English!  

We also found out that Elder Ray, our district leader, is training and Elder Westhoff has been made Zone leader!  Exciting!  His trainer is Elder Weakley and he is our other zone leader and this is also his last transfer so now Elder Westhoff gets to be his last when he was his first trainer....okay that sounded confusing, but it's way cool!

 Anyway!  Thursday came and we got up like 5:30 a.m.  to catch a train at like 6:30 and then I said good by to my dear Sister Larsen, who I spent like four months with...woah! Kinda sad.  But also nice to start fresh!  I met some sisters in Tennoji and together we went to Kobe.  With us were Sister Cannon, my old companion, she'll be training as well :) and My dear sweet trainer, Sister Edwards and Sister Smith another really good friend of mine. Edwards and Smith were going home.  Their missions are finished.  It was really sad to see them go home.  I don't want to leave. There were many tears especially when we got to the office in Kobe because missionaries returning home were flooding in and also there were friends of mine that were stopping at the hombu (mission office) during transfers.  So many feelings! 😭💜  I saw Sister Alec Gibson and I cried! I love her so much she is one of my best friends and I think I hugged her for about 2 solid  minutes!




Anyway...then time came to meet President Welch in the chapel.  There we got special training on how to train.  That was fun and insightful.  Then came time to meet them!!! So exciting!  When they walked in I saw this one girl and thought, that's her! Spirit is funny like that!  Because it was totally right!  When Kaicho called each person up the
suspense was real, but when they called her up again I thought, that's her. (This is how the spirit works sometimes just thoughts of simple truths and facts).  When they told her that her trainer was Watashi (meaning yours truly), I 'bout jumped out of my seat and ran and gave her a hug! It was so exciting!  We sat down and watched as each trainer and bean chan were companioned.  My chan's name is sister Dayley!  She's so cute! Also I'm much shorter....but that's A-OKAY!  We from that point have had such a great time! I love training!















                                                                      




Sister Dayley is American but is from Australia and hasn't lived much in the states. She loves animation and always has a smile on her face! Her enthusiasm is refreshing and exciting getting some of that dendo Fire! We were able to get her unpacked and hit the streets. Unfortunately there was lots of rejection...but that didn't stop us! It's amazing!  Church was great!  People were surprised to see Larsen Shimai gone but also very happy that I stayed!  This ward has gotten so much better! People at least seem to be happier.  So that's good!  


From the left:  My Trainee (Dayley), Me, and My Trainer (Edwards)

On Sunday we ended up teaching the whole restoration to this guy who had a 21 Pilots t-shirt on and I kinda freaked out and ran to him and said,"Hey you like my favorite band!" And the next thing he said was, "Hi I'm Mike," and then conversation proceeded. It was a great experience for Dayley Shimai because it was teaching everything in
English, also I thought she was very lucky to get such a good contact. There is so much love in our companionship, that I don't even know how to handle. 

This week feels like a blurr...but it was so good!  

I love you all! Know that I love you but more importantly that God the Father loves you!

Madeline Oswald Shimai



I cooked dinner which prompted a picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment