Monday, September 26, 2016

SEPTEMBER 26, 2016 - THERE IS A SPIDER ON THE WALL RIGHT NOW...

Alright another week has flown by and left and right miracles happen!  This is so cliche but I have never felt more alive! So many miracles!  😇 They are always there you just have to look for them!

Tuesday! Man oh man.  There was a hurricane!  No joke it was crazy and we had to travel to Kobe for TTTM (trainer, trainee, training, meeting) which was really great! Learned a lot, also had Costco pizza! Yum! It was cool to meet and see the other trainers and friends! While the meeting was taking place the windows were shaking and the wind was crazy!  We all got alerts on our phones but it was all in kanji so no
reading that!  But by the time the meeting was over the storm passed so all was good :)

There have been so many meetings this transfer that we have barely any time in our area! So sad but it all works out. Wednesday was a really good day, got lots of dendo in, but the best part was when we went to Sister Mizutanis house.  She looks 26 but is like 43. Anywho, we biked to her house and inside she had a bunch of pictures of Christ and things that the missionaries gave her over the years.  Inside the members homes here, they have so much to remind them of Christ.  


So we sat down at her kitchen table and we listened and cracked jokes about speaking English, and then I asked her to tell her conversion story.  As I sat there I saw this woman and I was actually understanding her words.  Her heart poured out onto the table as she shared with us her pleasure to be baptized.  My heart hurt and I was so happy I couldn't contain my tears.  I don't think I've ever been more full of joy to hear the conversion of such an amazing member, sister and friend.   I then took my turn and told her that she was a daughter of God and testified of the living Christ.  We cried together.  I have never before felt a stronger spirit in a member lesson.  She and I both knew that Christ is our Savior. So good. So good.

Later that day we helped a woman down the street from the church, asked if she wanted to see the inside and said yes, we taught her, sang a hymn, boom new investigator.  Her name is Fujita San!

Friday I went to Abeno for a companion exchange and Dayley Shimai and Zhou Shimai stayed in Higashi.  Wagstaff Shimai and I taught a bunch of people, and this old grandpa who runs a fruit stand his name is Kyoshi San.  We talked to him about baptism and asked him to be baptized and on a dime he was like, "Sure! Wait...hold up..are baptismal services held on Sunday? Yeah, we are way busy I have to work at my fruit stand."  We were so surprised that he wants to get baptized!  It was real cool but also frustrating.  We didn't give him another day because we want him to come to church first.  Man...well besides the guy turning around to say, "Yo, you Mormon?" And that was surprising! He was so straight with us and was like,  "ya tell me, I want to know."  So cool.  Well, while I was eating free Chinese food from a member, my
companion was being way too cool and taught 21 lessons in one day and got a new investigator for us! Heck yeah!  I got like the best trainee! She's training me more than I'm training her! So awesome!

Sunday was amazing.  I love these people so much.  During the sacrament I was listing all the reasons why love them.  Everyone is my family!  As I took the sacrament the thought from the Spirit came to me, "Do you understand why I love them?"  My heart was full of spirit, love, and happy stuff!  It was a tender experience! 


Later that night when we left to go out I turned to my companion and said, " I think we need to visit Fisher Shimai today," and she was like, "What?  I literally was just
thinking what if we go talk to Fisher right now?" It was a really cool spirit brain bow! We were able to visit her and uplift her in the way she needed. The spirit is so cool!

We also got another investigator, Aki! We are going to meet her tomorrow and it's so happy!

Monday again and also I really enjoyed going to Nara to go pet some deer again, that was fun!

I want to say Happy Birthday to the best Nonnie in the world! (That's my brown grandmother). I love her so much!!!  She is an amazing woman and example to me for serving a mission a few years back! I love her a bushel and a peck, and hug around the neck!!!

Remember that over in rice land there is a girl who loves you so much!!! That's me!

Ozu chan (Sister Oswald :3)

No comments:

Post a Comment