Monday, September 19, 2016

SEPTEMBER 5, 2016 - YO, THE WEEK!

Hello,

Okay, sometimes I wish my brain could just type out what I want to say because the weekly email always takes too long!!! So, I'll try my best to get it all in but no promises....

Monday it rained!!!! Oh it rained. So much rain all day long! We went to Fisher Shimai's house and we talked about Heavenly Father and how much he loves us.  I talk about this all the time but it was in relation to loving those who have agency and how Heavenly Father feels so much love for us even when his children are noobs.  We also had fried bananas....oh so good.





Wednesday we did some finding! It was soooo good! We saw so many miracles.  Having a trainee and being a trainer, God puts in your path the people who are ready!  We have met so many people and they all seem to enjoy the gospel or what we have given them so far.



Also, great news!!! After like 6 months I have finally bought new brakes on my bike! Yay me!!   It's taken forever but finally I have both front and back working so I no longer have to hold my back brakes for a minute before I stop....don't you love brakes? I do :) [ FYI!!!!!!!!!!  I offered to buy her a whole new bike back in February!!!]

Thursday was planning day and I very much dislike planning day because I'm like a sloth with the mind of a gold fish....it is not fun. But we made it through! 🙌

Friday we had district meeting!! Woo! It was fun, talked about things only really missionaries talk about and if you heard our meetings you would think I'm insane especially because it's a combination of enlightenment (I meant to type English but that works too) and Japanese. We also played a game where we have one person draw on a double sided white board and the audience has to describe in Japanese to our only Japanese Elder what it is.  We got some pretty funny pictures.  Elder Ray drew a polar lion.  Looked like a polar bear lion.  


Afterwards we went to Indo curry and had delicious nan! It's so huge! Then later we went down to one of my favorite people's burger shop, Yo. (That's his name).   He was so cool we talked some more about life, incorporating the gospel where we can.  He always smiles when I call him my brother.  He ended up giving me a pin with his logo on it.  He seriously makes the best burgers in the world.  They are so good!  My mouth waters as I talk about it....sigh.  Well, before we went to his shop we did some housing and we climbed these stairs that go round and around in a circle and we did that for ten stories. We got to the top and had some vertigo..we only knocked one house because of time but that one door, we found Taisho!  He is so cool! When we talked and taught about the gospel he genuinely seemed interested and when we asked if we could come back he was like sure! And not a hesitant sure but like, 'y'all are cool and I want to learn more,' kinda sure. Such a miracle and a blessing! We got his number and now we have his address! Woah! So happy.

Saturday we went to a birthday party for the Tani's daughter Yuka, who turned one! So sweet! We helped prepare food and watched baby tv.  We all turned into idiots in front of her because she is so dang cute! The party was a blast and the Filipino food was absolutely amazing!!! So so good!  Then after that we biked to go visit Brother Hirano.  



He had a stroke a few years ago that kept him from speaking (he spoke perfect English before) and moving.  But he has gotten so much better since I've met him.  Before we couldn't have any form of a conversation but this time I could ask him things and he could respond. I was so happy.  There is such a light that you feel when you are with him. We all took him (with his wife) to go get ice cream down the road. He started to cry, not sure exactly why but he was so happy:)  Nakamura Choro whipped out a cool magic trick with cards that explains the atonement.  It was way cool and made Brother Hirano so happy.  That night we went to the first session of stake conference and it was way good!

Sun daddy because auto correct is a thing... Sunday!  We went back to Abeno for the Sunday session of conference, and got to listen to many members.  It was nice but we were in the very back so it was hard to hear and very hard to translate.  I could do only one brother's talk and that was because I knew part of the story and I know him and his Japanese.  He spoke about how he and his family were recently sealed in the temple, he got a little choked up and the Spirit was so strong oh loved it! 

We heard from our mission president and his wife as well.  That was so nice to see them, after the meeting I saw Welch Shimai and she was like, Oswald Shimai!!  How are you?  I love you so!!  Are you dying?  She always asks me if I'm okay physically, ever since last February.  We talked and it was so good to see her. That night we did some awesome finding, taught this nice old man. And called Mike.  He encourages us do do missionary work but isn't entirely ready to join or listen just yet, he talks a lot.  But he's cool!

Today, Monday, we went to Nara, and played soccer with some missionaries and it was so much fun!  We are so sticky and gross though. Well life is good! 




Just tsunami weather warnings and other such things :)  I love you all!  Everyone needs to remember that they are a child of God, a child of light and that God loves you more than anything in this world, this is a simple but life changing truth. We told a man the other day this and his whole demeanor changed. Such a beautiful thing.

I love you!


KTWK (kill them with kindness)





No comments:

Post a Comment