Saturday, November 28, 2015

NOVEMBER 15, 2015

Hello!
It’s awesome when your investigator texts you ,"Hi,  I'm thinking of my baptism, I really need it. Thank you!"  She was going to get baptized on Christmas but things came up with her job and so now she wants to be baptized sooner.  She is seriously the sweetest thing ever!!! Tomoko San can speak English and so our lessons are a mix of both Japanese and English.  She just kept saying last time we met, "I just need paputesma.  I really want it.  I know Satan doesn't love me.  I support God.   I don't support Satan” and other good, sweet, loving things.  She loves the gospel.   We hope she can be baptized on the 27th but we’ll see.  It's so EXCITING!
So we visit this woman who is this famous haiku artist and she can't leave her house, or really chooses not to because she believes she'll die.   It's so interesting to visit her because all we do is fix her food, buy her groceries, get her prescriptions.  I know we are supposed to do service but it doesn't feel like we are serving.  She needs help and we aren't the ones that can help her.  It's very frustrating but we hope to get help from the members soon.  When we are there it's so hard to feel the spirit.   But we made it up when we made dutch chocolate crepes and put yellow pudding in them.  Oh they were so good.  We're trying to eat healthier, but it seriously it's so hard because we just bought pancake mix Monday because it was on sale!  But back to this person, we don’t have the ability or the time to help her in the way she needs.  We're missionaries not house-aids.  Anyway hopefully we can get some help there.
Today we visited this less active couple, the brother said he was willing to fix our bikes (according to him my bike was made by Chinese and therefore crappy) but I'm poor and it gets me a round so I didn't care.  Also he's like a bike expert!  He has this beautiful French bike hanging in his front hallway.  Anyway he has a purple beard because he doesn't want to look like Santa Claus.  His wife came out to talk to us and she is an English teacher and she was so kind to us!  She spoke to us in English because she doesn't have anybody to practice with.  She told us a few jokes like, as a kid you want to meet Santa, as a parent you become Santa and as an old man you are Santa.  It was funny because she referred to her husband.  He reminds me of Japanese Robin Williams.
Anyway they were so kind to us.
Lunch with the APs is always a blast. Takahashi Choro is this famous runner in Japan and he's also an AP. He's so funny and he's Japanese so he knows enough English to communicate a joke.  He air dropped some photos to me at lunch and I'll send the funny ones with explanation.
Oh, in other news my back is jacked up.  YAY, more like ow,  I'm a creaky old woman. It hasn't gone away even with Advil so it's off to the chiropractor. To be honest I'm a little nervous.  Okay I went and came back.  Now it hurts more because I have bad posture and he started to try and fix it...sigh. It still kinda hurts (actually hurts a lot).
Question, how long do you boil eggs? (Maybe some healthy food recipes quick and easy? )
So some awesome members: this New Zealander, who is the leader for our senkyoshi and kyudosha activities.  Mom if you ever get a chance read up on some mauri history and compare to the Book of Mormon, like mind blown what he told me, but I can't say it all because it takes too long.
Another member I'm pretty sure use to be a part of the mafia.  He has this x shaved into his head and he always wears these huge shades during church.  He also shakes people hands just a little too long but he's a nice guy, there is another member who also looks like he could be in the mafia, these two brothers are friends. :)
Pancakes are so delicious and you can by them at 7-11. Have I told you about 7/11?  It's like the best place ever you can by anything like laundry detergent or pancakes or make copies, it's very useful.  Come on Circle K- step it up!  Well, I meant to say that we had pancakes for dinner the other night...I'm so healthy😬
Pingpong.  I love it.  It's so much fun!  A few of our kyudosha came and recent converts and we played and had pizza!  Not that we were already full from the pancakes.  Tomoko San told me I needed to practice my smash and next thing I know I have her, Gen (Chinese recent convert), another nihon gin and Elder Goseny teaching me how to smash which was fun.  I asked Gen how his day was,  me he told me it wasn't good because his date fell through.  We ended up talking about dating and I gave advice. He's a sweet guy and so funny, He knows English, Chinese and Japanese.
So we went and visited less actives on Sunday (which actually these people love the gospel but they just don't come to church).  But anyway, Fujii Shimai is an English professor at the university and so her English is super good.  We went over and talked with her and she told us some more jokes.  Here is one, what does Brazil make more than any other countries?  Guess and I'll give you the answer at the end.  We left her with a sweet message and she told us every time she lost something she would pray and then find it, how she would write it down.  Then she told us how she recently prayed and it didn't work and she was wondering why.  Then she pretended to be God and she said that he's working on a bigger blessing for her right now.  She said that he was busy working on that.  She has so much faith and love for the gospel, it's sad that she doesn't come to church anymore.
Then there is this one Shimai who we visited who reads auras.  My comps aura color is a light pink and the elder’s are light green and red.
After we shared a message she told us how she thinks the second coming is near, which was actually hard to follow, but then she somehow connected it to me.  First, she asked if there were 3 siblings in my family.   I've never met this woman till today so that was surprising.  I said yes,  and she told us that my parents are real close and are trying to work hard towards something, and that our family is close too. She also asked if I had an older sister but I don't.
Sooo...but she was so cute and sweet and just funny when it comes to talking about Nephi.  My aura color is a light orange/ light yellow mix, or gold take your pick :)
I can't tell you how happy your letters make me.  Y'alls letters make me laugh out loud and I'm so glad that y'all are mine.  

My ponderize scripture for this week was John 14: 18-20
18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me:
because I live, ye shall live also.
20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
I love these scriptures.  They are so dear to me.  He will never leave us comfort less.  We say a lot that we need to walk to him and with him.  This is true but he will also come to us in our time of great need he will be waiting patiently at our sides till we turn and ask under our breath, “ help”.  The world does not see we how we see.  The world has forgotten that there is one person who we can depend on.  With this gospel we can see him through clear view.  Christ is truly my friend.  I can see the way he wants me to see my brothers and sisters.  I know that sometimes it's extremely difficult but it's possible.  I get to see people for the first time understand what it means to love Christ.

Tomoko San our investigator told us the other day, "I did bad things before I met you. I smoked and I wasn't a good person," which is like so hard to believe, "but I changed and I know God loves me."  This girl reads the BOM (Book of Mormon), Ezra Taft Benson, Bible, Liahona, almost anything she can get her hands on about the gospel.  When she said, “I know God loves me” the spirit hit me like a train.  It's true!
It's so true and I love it.
Thank you to all who have sent money and things that are so incredibly helpful, and thank you to those who fixed my bank account.
Also we don't get earthquakes really where we are it's more in Tokyo.
I'll pray for your seminary kids!  I love you all so much, Missy I love you.  Don't be so stubborn. Christ wants to help you.  As you read this now (I hope you are reading it) He is at your side, He wants to pick you up in his arms and just hold you close.  He is your brother and he's here to protect you and he will protect you more than any song lyric or post could.
Chipman. So close haha :)
I miss the temple.
Thank you for always working on my blog I love you for it!
I wish I had more time to answer all your comments and questions.
Y'all are my sunshine.
Love,
 Oswald shami オズワルド姉妹

P.S.  Brazilians











Just "popped" over for a visit!


My mission presidend, his wife and Elders




No comments:

Post a Comment