Saturday, November 28, 2015

NOVEMBER 23, 2015

Monday: We went to this temple and it was packed with so many people!
When you go to town in Kyoto you wear your kimono and kinda dress up.
It's so cool to see all the pretty colors and how normal it is to wear one. I want one and I got one so that's exciting! Yay for recycle shops! We met up with my comp’s old investigator. And we went up to get my mission ring it makes me happy :)

This morning while working out I started playing some upbeat music
(Hercules) and next thing I know my dōryo and I are having a dance competition. It was a fun work out. In other news, today it rained.  (Today being Tuesday) it was lovely and pleasant until it got to be about five and a half hours into it. We had a teaching appointment and we were soaked through by the time we got to the church. Okay not soaked, my rain coat does work but it's cold and wet and to top it off I crashed! Yay! I’m fine, I promise. I was kinda in shock afterwards because I got flung into the road and my helmet came off...I promise I'm safe!!! But now my hand is just a little busted. But it's okay ‘cause I'm surprised I went this long without biffing it.

Wednesday it rained again. I don't like being cold and wet. But today was so busy! We started our day by meeting with a JW at her home and she was actually very nice. She didn't expect us really because she thought she was texting the Elders. We had lunch with them and they played this recording about some over seer.  Then we showed them a Christmas video (afterwards realizing they don't celebrate Christmas so that was only a little awkward ) but no Bible bashing!  Yet...we'll see. So that happened. Then we did splits with members cause we over booked lessons. And I taught by myself! Ahhhh that was little nerve racking but it worked out and it was a really good lesson. We taught an English class which is always a blast! There is this one brother that every time we see him he gives us cake or sweets and I swear I'll gain like 8kilos and I’ll be a balloon when I get back! So we've been getting up earlier to go run.

Friday we went to seminary! We got up at four in the morning because we had to shower and get over to the church. Luckily there are no cars on the road so it's fun. Afterwards we played ping pong. I'll send a video.

Saturday and Sunday we had stake taikai (stake conference) it was so good they really focused on missionary work! There were so many members but the stake number is about the size of our home ward...it's sad, but it got us all pumped. Welch kaicho and Welch Shimai both spoke and Sister Welch doesn't speak Japanese, speaks in English and then has translator. I love them both so much!
Sometimes I feel like I've known them my whole life or I know someone like them. They are so kind to us, and they are the best! We were talking to them afterwards about life and they are like my family.

There is a sister in our ward who just got married and her and her husband are going to have a baby!! It's so happy! She told us last Sunday and we screamed for her! She knows English pretty well and her hubby is American, Ako and Joey Brown are seriously the cutest couple.

Everytime I see a couple, I turn to Edwards and we're both like, "I want that!!!' And we cry in our soup. But anyway the welch’s know her and when they found out president Welch shouted yes and jumped up and down it was so great!

Tomoko is the best, but she won't be able to be baptized while I'm here so it's really sad, she has to go to Sendai for work and it'll be too hard for her to go to church consistently because she'll be in the mountains. But she's so funny I'll send some of the texts she's sent us.

Somethings we learned at stake taikai:
When I child does something right we are so happy (baby) it's similar to Heavenly Father when we do things correctly. When a baby takes his first steps we shout and laugh and get excited. Heavenly Father does the same thing - He is first our Father! He loves when we do things right, when we do things that he obviously can do we get closer to becoming like him, closer to what we can achieve at our full potential. Also something about trials,there are three kinds of trials.

Natural disasters: faith and patience, faith that this is God’s will is needed.

Individual trials: accidents and health, faith and forgiveness is needed.

When we commit sin: we need faith, forgiveness and repentance.

I like that, can't remember why but I like it.

Answers to your questions mom: Love my ward, bishop is awesome and is a truck driver and has about thirty guitars! Our goals are on track!
Members feed us and it's always delicious! I'm so happy the
Fukuchi's sent you a letter!!!! Yes it's a city-city. It's so much fun!
Streeting is the best because there are so many people. Yes, I got the package and I loved it, Thank you!!!! Also the videos, I don't have access to YouTube it's restricted. But just send the transcript.


I felt to tell y'all to invite the missionaries over for dinner you could even have the neighbors over! Missions aren't just a thing you do at age 19. Members are so important! Missionaries need doseki's or I guess member lessons! I know y'all can do it!

Food for thought: Do you have a enough faith to make changes in your life?
Peter was able to walk on water because he had faith that he would not fall but if we allow ourselves to let the storm put fear into our heart, we will sink into the depths. The best thing is that even if we do begin to sink or even become underneath the water, Christ will grab our hand and lift us up.

Seek for revelation from God

Make time to serve

Feel the Holy Ghost

I love you all so much!!!!! Till next time!


-Oswaldo

No comments:

Post a Comment