Sunday, November 1, 2015

SEPTEMBER 17, 2015

Well this is it.   This is my last four days in America!! SO EXCITED!  I love, love, love being a missionary!   I know when I get to Japan it will be hard, I know I will suck royally at the language seeing how I can only say church words but that doesn't matter.  I'm so excited to speak to real in person Japanese peeps!

Over the last week a Nihonjin Sister (native) and I have gotten very close.  She speaks NO EIGO (English)! She is in the fast track and I hosted her last Wednesday.  She is from Kobe and is so excited that I'll be going to where she lives.  Every time we see each other we both get so excited and hug and have simple but good conversation! I love her so much and I will be sad to leave her!

Yesterday we completed something I totally regret.   In the cafeteria here there are these towers of cereal and as a district we finished one. Why we chose frosted flakes, the only cereal sold in Japan, is beyond me.  I had FIVE bowls and I almost lost it all at one point.  My comp had 6 bowls and one elder had 9+ bowls...none of what he ate stayed down...Another Elder started laughing and crying and was very emotional for the rest of the night. BUT we did it!   Never again.

Today we get to see the outside world for the first time in two months. My comp and I will be making a field trip to Wells Fargo and the clinic (LISA BETTER BE THERE!) which should be fun.

The stress and tension is real, but we are persevering.  I have one bag almost packed at this point and still so much left to do AHHH!!!! (I’M TOTALLY FREAKING OUT BUT THAT’S OKAY!)

I see Sister Oswald all the time and people ask me if i have a sister here.  With both of us being Oswald, short hair and looking related it's fun to say no but that's my cousin and she's awesome. I haven't gotten a picture yet but I promise I will!

I have not seen Elder Gibb yet and I might scream when I do see him!  This is my best friend people! I'll try my hardest not to cry (because all of the emotion running through me right now…I swear it's the cereal) and hug him.  I also have seen quite a few Summit View/ HighlandsRanchers over here at the MTC.  Brother Grover (Mom, I don't know his first name but he is the oldest.) is a teacher here and I've seen him twice and said hi which was cool.  This morning I saw Parker Walton and Braden Babbit.   It was awesome and made my day :)

Thank you Mum so much for all of the letters and clothes and the talk you sent! I really appreciated them and seriously exactly what I needed the day I got them.  Ahh, so good.
When I call this Monday I have so little time that it's quite sad.  So first I need you to send me phone numbers VIA Dear Elder.  Liam's, Mom's, Dad's, Nonnie's, GrandMA&Pa's and actually can you send me Regan's too if I have time I want to try and call him.  I sent you the times just make sure you answer!! or that you are near persons who don't have a phone *cough*Emma*cough* I need to be able to talk to you.

Emma, I love you and I'm sorry your letter got deleted I think mom's computer is part cyberman....Please laugh at my jokes I've been shelterd to long. .... but I love you so much YOU CAN DO IT! (IT BEING LIFE AND SCHOOL) DEKI MASU!

Guys, I am so ready!  I'm so ready to preach, to declare to share with the world my love for Christ. This week our teachers have asked us what we have learned at the MTC.  I've learned here that you have to be patient. The Lord will always, always listen, help you and guide you but also in his time. We are on his clock and his time.

SO this sent before I wanted it to....as I was saying. Patience is a huge deal.  Also while being here at the MTC I have grown to love the scriptures, to love everything about them. There is so much to learn.  I get so excited to watch Bible videos because I'll get to see what my Savior could have looked like.  I love testifying in Japanese! I love the simplicity it forces me to have.  Read 2 Nephi 22:2, it says I will trust in my God, be not afraid!  He is my strength and my song!  If there is one thing that I really came to know while being here is that He lives.  He lives and I know it because I can physically feel his love.  I know it by the love I have for others and their testimony or their thoughts about the scriptures.  I know because I love the people already!   I have learned you cannot live on borrowed light.  This mission is not for me. I must turn outward like Christ did.  I must be the example for others to show them that Christ is the Answer!  Christ knew he would die and he still chose to think of others and not himself!  I want to be like him!

I love y’all and I can't wait to talk with you!!! I miss your voices! YOU CAN’T CRY BECAUSE THEN I’LL CRY AND THEN WE LOSE TALKING TIME!!! I have little less then and hour before/during each connection.

Love,  Madeline

SISTER OSWALD!!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment