Saturday, November 14, 2015

NOVEMBER 8, 2015 - FIRST TRANSFER

So,  a lot has happened in the last week.  Let's start with Monday.  As you have heard I am transferring to Shimogamo, Kyoto area.  I'm way excited but I am also super sad to leave. That night we visited Hirano Shimai, the Relief Society president, she gave me a huge hug.
Tuesday was fun.  We biked an hour and a half bike ride up the mountain to visit Pi and a member that I was very close to.  But she wasn't home so we heart attacked the outside of her house.  The best part about hills are going down.  I was going so fast!  I just love that feeling.

Eventually I want a motorcycle.

So we had dinner with brother Naganuma, mission leader for Kitarokko, and we met him at the church. He made us this huge meal (us as in chorotachi and shimaitachi ) and we taught him a lesson and we had a good time.  He's such a funny guy, always making jokes and such.  We took some fun pictures that I'll send.  Afterwards we went and taught eikaiwa.  We teach a kids class,  we had one student and his parents.

His mom always comes, because she wants to learn English.  They were so sweet.  Afterwards at refreshments, there was announcement of who was leaving, and she came to me and thanked me for teaching and that she was so grateful.  I got a picture of her and her son together.  All the people there wished me good luck, some members some non but I just felt like I belonged and now I was leaving. These people, the Japanese, are so loving, so caring. Then that night, the bishop and his wife brought us ice cream and told me how happy that they got to know me.

Then the next night another family came by and I got to hug them all.
Each time my heart melted a little.

So my new comp is awesome!!!  I love her so much! I can see us being friends forever.  She is so absolutely gorgeous and has pretty ringlet curly hair and she cut it short two transfers ago and now it's same length as mine.  She's from  Connecticut, but lived in Japan few years back.  Her name is Sister Edwards.  There is lots of pilla-talk.  We got to Kyoto and the station is huge.  Like sooooo big. I'm in a city area now and I absolutely love it!  Foreigners everywhere and people!  I love it!!  We also had an actual appointment today and we talked to these two college students who are studying Christianity and we went had dinner with them (curry :3) and just answered their questions and it was awesome because I could understand and respond!!!  Also another thing,  I love speaking English to my comp, we have gotten along so well!!!  I'm so excited to dendo in this area!

I have a feeling my letters might slowly become shorter this transfer just because we now do too much dendo to talk about it each week and for me to write it in my other journal.  I actually feel like I’m doing something like I'm an actual missionary.  We're making goals and completing them!  We have investigators, we teach lessons, I speak to people.  We're in the city and I love it!  The only down side is that we're broke and we have no food. Yay!!  But we make it work! We also have a woman who is getting baptized and has a date!!  She will be baptized on Christmas! AH! Isn't that the best?  Tomoko is her name and she speaks English. I haven't met her in person yet but we have spoken over the phone and she is the sweetest thing!  She loves the gospel so much!

We both (comp and I) want to be healthier this transfer but it's been difficult seeing how all we have to eat at the moment are sweets and radish, cabbage curry salad, which actually isn't that bad. When y'all get here we're going to Kyoto so save your money!!!  Also I want a kimono soooo bad!!!  At this one place they sell rings that we can get our mission theme written on it.  And there is a golden palace and the city of a thousand gates ooohhh ⛩ speaking of money....I don't know I hate asking this but there are a few Japanese things that I can only get in this area.  Also the heat tech I don't know how much I suspect 60?  And the uke . Recently I'm wishy washy on that.  Not sure if I would rather have money for other things than a uke to buy here or even if you sent it.  Tell me what you think because you know me, I stress out about money.  If anything could you put some in my account before next Monday? (Ps I hate asking for money but if I could work and save my own I would I'm hfuebfisksidjajdhdsj)

(Let's see how many times I can say I love this area)  I love this area!  Things I haven't mentioned,  I don't think....this email is all over the place but oh well.  We live on the fourth floor and thankfully in my laziness we have an elevator which some person keeps spraying his cologne in there so it always a nice smell to walk into.  Also there is a fantastic view outside our apartment.  Best of all, no hills!!! And  the people! I don't know, maybe it's a change In Attitude but missionary work is actually fun here!

We managed to get 21 lessons this week and it was awesome! That may not seem like a lot for other missions but that is the missions standard of excellence to get 20 lessons a week and when I was in my last area it was soooo difficult.  But I love streeting and talking to people and I love teaching.

So jealous Liam gets to go to Peru!

I COMPLETELY LOVE YOU FOREVER AND EVER!!!!!!!!!



This is my new companion, Sister Edwards and her Arnold impersonation.



Bishop, Elders, Sister Oswald and Sister Uchida




My First Companion - Sister Uchida


I didn't get the straight face message!

She wanted her picture with Joseph!

My new area - Kyoto

4th floor view from my apartment in Kyoto

Another shot from my new digs in Kyoto - 2nd Area

Madeline with new member

With English student and his mom






No comments:

Post a Comment