Sunday, November 1, 2015

SEPTEMBER 10, 2015

Heyo!

So much has happened this week I don't know where to begin.....Well, I’ll start with this morning.

Normal P-day, we went to the temple which was awesome and we had temple breakfast.  Everything was good, but we had to move floors (where I sleep) from the fourth to the 3rd because...I'm not even sure why but they did.  Now I sleep on a top bunk and I am honestly terrified I’m going to slip while trying to get out of bed in the morning.  While moving I think I found like 8 pedigree charts that either got put in my luggage or sent to me.

Throughout this week we have had a rivalry with these Italian missionaries that are just plain stupid.  This one elder we call frosted flakes (because he has frosted tips) looks like a really whiter version of Bruno Mars, is the source of all of our grief.  I will refrain from calling him any other derogatory name (even though I really want to) because He is a child of God...who happens to be an idiot.  He is just one of those types that thinks he is so cool because he can speak Italian (which really means he can say gospel words in Italian), and going to Italy.  shutter....

Saturday:  So in our district we have been doing this thing called an anti-roast where one person sits at the front of the class and we anti-roast them. We say all the nice things we love/like about them and Saturday was my turn....It was amazing!  I felt awkward but it was nice to hear from the people I love what to them sticks out when I speak or do something. Sunday was fast Sunday and although it was loooonngg....It still was a good Sunday. The shimaitachi in our zone/ward sang in sacrament meeting and I had a solo! It was awesome! The song we sang was Hymn 112 Savior, Redeemer of my Soul. SO GOOD Favorite song right now!  My comp is probably sick of listening to me sing it all the time.

Monday:  There was a sister in our district who turned 22! and we had a big party for her and we had another holiday.  It was called Native American Heritage Day.  This meant the people in our district would name one person with a Indian name (example: Echo-Hawk) while they stepped out of the class room and also their spirit animal.  There were a lot of funny ones like Moon Snake, Misty Mountain, Wandering Child, Chuckling Shaumin, and Twisted Tongue. I was Brokenbard.....Yeah, I'm still confused on it to but a bard means a traveling musician and broken is for how many times I got/get hurt.  My spirit animal was a blue jay because I sing all the time. (In the shower, in class, before bed, walking to places...) Because I no longer have access to listening to music by myself whenever I like,  I have resorted to singing.

Tuesday, OHHH MAN TUESDAY! We taught our investigator Aoyagi san and we taught him about baptism.  The spirit was so strong and we asked him if he would get baptized, even though this is a fake investigator.   It felt like the greatest thing in the world to have him say yes to being baptized. I wanted to scream right then and there!  We've been having a hard time with him and then it all started to click and he said yes!! Oh, You know I did a happy dance!  That night we went to choir and of course it is always amazing!  We had Bishop Gerald Causse come and speak with us. His talk was great.  He concluded the devotional by going to the piano and playing a piece for us.  I was right in front of the piano!!!! I was in heaven. I couldn't tell you what the piece was but it was wonderful!!

Wednesday, we got to host. What that means is that we would help missionaries out of their cars and help them take their luggage to their room and then take them to their class room. It was a lot of fun mainly because we weren't in class all day.  We got to be outside and help the new missionaries.  There were a few crying mothers that I had to pull their missionary away from them which was hard but also kinda fun at the same time.  I lugged around thousand pound suit cases and now my arms and legs are sore....oh my life.  Hosting wiped us out and by the time we got back to our class rooms we were so exhausted! We all fell asleep after about ten minutes. Then Olson Kyodai walked in and shouted something in Japanese and woke us up. It was a rude and abrupt awakening.


 Later on throughout the day we woke up just enough so that we could go teach a TRC lesson. This is a Skype call with Japanese people from all over the world. Yesterday we got Chizuru Shimai from Tokyo Japan.  She was soooo cute and sweet!  It was her first time skyping with the missionaries for TRC and it was a lot of fun.  We taught her about prayer and our lesson was actually amazing.  You could definitely feel the spirit.  This lesson was so much better! After we said our goodbyes and went back to the class room our teacher Maynes shimai spoke with her and then told us later what she said.  She told her that the lesson we taught was exactly what she needed, that she had been praying for it. It was an amazing feeling to be the answer to someone's prayer!! AHHH!! I wish I could have hugged her because she was absolutely amazing!!!

 I love you guys and I have to go,

-Love Oswald Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment