Sunday, November 1, 2015

SEPTEMBER 3, 2015 - 2 OF 2

Konichiwa!

Where to begin...I feel like a lot has happened this week, but at the same time literally nothing. This mission time zone is way too fast ;)  The schedule for the teachers changed so we now have 3 hours to study in the morning and class at night which is both good and bad in many ways.  This week's holidays are 1) Secret letter writing- we all drew names (Elders-Elders, Sisters-Sisters) and wrote letters of encouragement to each other and it was a lot of fun!  When choosing each name, we wrote on a piece of paper and handed it out.  All the Elders ate theirs and when Wride Choro tried to spit his out into the trash can it went straight, splat on the T.V.   It was literally the perfect spit wad.  We laughed super hard!  Tomorrow is Blue Clothing Day (self explanatory).

Tuesday night we had an apostle come and speak to us, Elder Dallin H. Oaks!   It was so unexpected and really nice.  He spoke about the Pre-Mortal Existence and the importance of the spirit and sacrament.  He told us as missionaries not to assume too much, commit people to the gospel (through praying, coming to church, and reading the Book of Mormon) and to appreciate the sacrament.  It was a good devotional and it felt like it was five minutes. It was just good.

We've been teaching a whole lot to people, our "investigators", which we finally got to commit to going to church and following the Word of Wisdom...OH man let me tell you we asked Aoyagi san not to drink and he paused and didn’t say anything for like 3 minutes!!! THE longest 3 minutes of my life!!!  He finally said yes and I had to try my best not to scream and shout for joy because before it had been a struggle to get him to do it and now he is!!   So hopefully he "keeps up" with it!   We’ll see tomorrow.  Yesterday we were in Japan!  SAY WHAT?  WE skyped Nihongin (Japanese people) through the power of the internet and it was... rough... our lesson was a little wack and kinda all over the place but it was still fun! He spoke English also so that helped a lot!  He was so kind and nice and that just got me pumped and REALLY, REALLY nervous.....(shutter).  At the end he asked if he could take our picture and put it on his Facebook which we thought was sweet. 

We got new Kohai yesterday (new Japanese missionaries in our zone)!!!  We went to go visit them last night and prayed with them.  They all looked super tired, annoyed and looked liked they wanted to cry, but I think we cheered them up.

So we have 2 1/2 weeks left!!! 19 days!!! We get our flight plans next week and our new nihongo badges which is super awesome!  My Japanese is nowhere near ready....oh boy it’s a struggle, but it's coming! To be honest going to Japan doesn't feel real yet.  I’m so excited for Japan, not the fact the I'll be speaking nihongo 24/7.  Yikes!  I’M NOT READY!!

We got a new DL this week and it's Wride Choro.  The Chorotachi are so crazy!  Walker Choro had a green bucket and goggles on his head yesterday and was 'teaching' about concrete in Japanese in this weird voice....then our teacher Maynes Shimai walked in and looked so concerned and confused at the same time, she asked "Naze..?" (why) and it just made it ten times funnier.  That Elder though does not get social cues!

In the Hales (residence hall) is always fun whether it be the Russian sisters running down the hall like a slender-man monster while screaming at the top of their lungs for some unknown reason or our love for food expressed publicly.  A sister and I were in the bathroom talking about how much we miss good food that doesn't destroy or intestines and then when you walk out (our room is across the way from the bathroom) we see Jeo Shimai slumped over next to her bed with a brand new jar pf peanut butter and her dipping an Oreo into it.  It looked so sad and pathetic (because that's how we felt and wished we could do that) that we burst into laughter.  Jeo was so confused, but it was funny.

This last week I bought my self a new Book of Mormon.  It literally was the most exciting thing of my life (not really but comes to a close second behind skydiving).  It is a simple blue little book (newest edition).  I started in the middle reading 3 Nephi and it's the best!   I love 3rd Nephi, it's my favorite because out of all the crap that the people go through and then turning away from God, it's so interesting and I want to know what happens. AND THEN! (spoiler alert) Christ comes! The things he teaches, the blessings He gives, He Loves these people! It's so exciting to get a new Book of Mormon to mark the pages with new insights and discoveries!  I finished 3rd Nephi and I didn't want it to end!  I didn't want Christ to leave.  His words are so comforting and His words make you want to know more.  We go to the doctor's office a lot and they have T.V.'s that play Mormon messages and Bible videos and I love getting to see this version of Christ.  It's by far my favorite.  I love watching him teach his people, his disciples, heal those who are blind and afflicted, raise the dead.  He comforts and mourns with those who mourn. I Love Jesus Christ!  He is the Savior! HE is the Redeemer! HE is my brother!!! イエスキリストわすばらしい!Jesus Christ is Awesome!

I love all of you!  I'm pretty sure there are things I'm forgetting to write about as always,
AS my dad always says, "Tuck and roll!"
Love

 オズワルドShiami (oswald-> ozuwarudo)


No comments:

Post a Comment